The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 September 2021, 12:55 PM   #1
macotono
"TRF" Member

7 Rolex collection, no prior history with any AD’s so I guess there won’t be any mor

Hello guys, how are you? I have recently added a blue sub 16613 to the collection. It came from family so it wasn’t exactly planned (don’t worry no one died) as I look at my watches I am thankful but also a bit sad because it will be very difficult for me to add any more models given I don’t have any prior history with any AD. I would like a black dial Daytona, a green ceramic sub or a rose gold yacht master. Models nearly impossible to get for someone like me. I don’t think I’ll go gray on them because at that point (Daytona and yachmaster) I might as well get an AP. I guess I could go vintage if I wanted to add something else, perhaps an older explorer 1 would be nice? Rolex has always been my first love but the fact that is impossible to get modern ones makes it very difficult to continue to collect once you have certain models. I will continue to check in to random AD’s and put my name down on lists but I don’t see anything else coming my way in the near future, and that’s sad! Thanks for reading and salud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
macotono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2021, 12:59 PM   #2
shakeb0x
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macotono View Post
Hello guys, how are you? I have recently added a blue sub 16613 to the collection. It came from family so it wasn’t exactly planned (don’t worry no one died) as I look at my watches I am thankful but also a bit sad because it will be very difficult for me to add any more models given I don’t have any prior history with any AD. I would like a black dial Daytona, a green ceramic sub or a rose gold yacht master. Models nearly impossible to get for someone like me. I don’t think I’ll go gray on them because at that point (Daytona and yachmaster) I might as well get an AP. I guess I could go vintage if I wanted to add something else, perhaps an older explorer 1 would be nice? Rolex has always been my first love but the fact that is impossible to get modern ones makes it very difficult to continue to collect once you have certain models. I will continue to check in to random AD’s and put my name down on lists but I don’t see anything else coming my way in the near future, and that’s sad! Thanks for reading and salud!

Great collection. You mentioned no previous AD relationships. How did you pickup the batman and daytona? Grey?
Old 16 September 2021, 01:14 PM   #3
calebb90
Banned

Put your name down for rose gold yachtmaster. I don’t think it will take as long as you think. And my guess is you’ll have green sub in 6-12 months after that.

calebb90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2021, 01:54 PM   #4
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebb90 View Post
Put your name down for rose gold yachtmaster. I don’t think it will take as long as you think. And my guess is you’ll have green sub in 6-12 months after that.

My AD has two of those right now, just sitting in the case. On Oysterflex.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2021, 02:01 PM   #5
macotono
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebb90 View Post

Thanks for the message, I am on the list at a Bay Area AD for the yachtmaster. I was also told they haven’t had one on the case for over 2 years (not sure if it’s true or bs) as far as the green sub I’ve gotten 2-3 years estimates. I have mentioned I collect and I don’t have any intention to profit from buying but I am sure you they don’t believe that haha

Old 16 September 2021, 02:02 PM   #6
macotono
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
My AD has two of those right now, just sitting in the case. On Oysterflex.

Interesting, is it bad manners to ask the AD location?

Old 16 September 2021, 02:49 PM   #7
macotono
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeb0x View Post
Great collection. You mentioned no previous AD relationships. How did you pickup the batman and daytona? Grey?

Thanks, yes both from local gray dealers

Old 16 September 2021, 08:39 PM   #8
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Nice collection! I would start at the yacht master with an ad…..shouldn’t be that hard to get and will be a great start
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2021, 09:28 PM   #9
1William
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Nice collection. Time will take care of your purchases, it always does.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2021, 09:33 PM   #10
Oyster Sauce
"TRF" Member

Congrats on a really nice Rolex collection -- you've got great representatives from pretty much all the major food groups there. Enjoy
Oyster Sauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2021, 09:38 PM   #11
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

The rose gold Yachtmaster is definitely obtainable.

Your Pepsi is winking at me btw!
DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2021, 09:39 PM   #12
RKTINC1
"TRF" Member

Very nice collection and really covers all the basses. I too have a small and modest collection that enjoy and wear each day. I am also hesitant to even ask my AD for an Explorer or GMT. I recently mentioned a 18k gold sub at some point in the future and even got a shrug and short story about supply. I have decided to wait it out. Maybe the next economic valley will be the time to jump on a few watches. I am chasing other items that I have always wanted. They too are showing signs of the scarcity story but much earlier in the play book.

RKTINC
RKTINC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2021, 10:51 PM   #13
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Check in with AD’s? Are you looking to curate a Rolex museum or actually wear these watches? If each one gets worn evenly, that’s like what a few weeks a year of wrist time for each watch? If you want to amass a large collection of things and Rolex things you will have to look to the gray or preowned market or branch out into other brands. If you want meaningful watches and are looking for more than a dopamine hit, pare down, and wear the heck out of the watches you have.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2021, 11:01 PM   #14
rolexpatek363
"TRF" Member

Quote:
If I had all those, I wouldn't be even thinking about adding any more Rolexes! It might be more interesting to explore other brands.
rolexpatek363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2021, 11:12 PM   #15
Maiden
"TRF" Member

You have seven Rolex watches, including some very desireable models. I would step back and focus on that part where you feel thankful vs sad. If you really want to add something, sell 3 or 4 and pay the current grey (market unfortunately) price. You are in a great position to sell/add.
Omega Geneve
Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAY2112
Orient Ray 2
Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2021, 11:38 PM   #16
macotono
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKTINC1 View Post
Very nice collection and really covers all the basses. I too have a small and modest collection that enjoy and wear each day. I am also hesitant to even ask my AD for an Explorer or GMT. I recently mentioned a 18k gold sub at some point in the future and even got a shrug and short story about supply. I have decided to wait it out. Maybe the next economic valley will be the time to jump on a few watches. I am chasing other items that I have always wanted. They too are showing signs of the scarcity story but much earlier in the play book.

RKTINC

There’s is definitely scarcity of certain luxury items (watches, Porsche etc) A whole year stuck at home will do wonders to disposable income. The only lines I see people making at the local mall are at Louis Vuitton, Cartier etc

Old 16 September 2021, 11:42 PM   #17
macotono
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
Check in with AD’s? Are you looking to curate a Rolex museum or actually wear these watches? If each one gets worn evenly, that’s like what a few weeks a year of wrist time for each watch? If you want to amass a large collection of things and Rolex things you will have to look to the gray or preowned market or branch out into other brands. If you want meaningful watches and are looking for more than a dopamine hit, pare down, and wear the heck out of the watches you have.

Thanks for the reply, I wear all these watches, some more often than others. All these represent significant events in my life. I am happy with the variety of what I but would like maybe two more models I find attractive

Old 16 September 2021, 11:55 PM   #18
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, I wear all these watches, some more often than others. All these represent significant events in my life. I am happy with the variety of what I but would like maybe two more models I find attractive

To each his own. Are you stuck on Rolex? I mean lots of cool pieces in the GS line up and the new zeniths out look fantastic and old school proportions.

Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2021, 12:35 AM   #19
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Never hurts to drop a speedmaster in there also…….I acquired the tokyo panda and it’s a keeper for sure…goes great w a 16520
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2021, 01:12 AM   #20
macotono
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
You have seven Rolex watches, including some very desireable models. I would step back and focus on that part where you feel thankful vs sad. If you really want to add something, sell 3 or 4 and pay the current grey (market unfortunately) price. You are in a great position to sell/add.

“Sad” was a poor choice of a word. I would say I am a bit disappointed I cannot add one more modern Rolex to my collection. Cheers

Old 17 September 2021, 01:15 AM   #21
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
Beautiful collection, enjoy them and patiently wait for the others to show up at the AD you have expressed interest with.

Ian Fleming
101031-28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2021, 01:17 AM   #22
macotono
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
Never hurts to drop a speedmaster in there also…….I acquired the tokyo panda and it’s a keeper for sure…goes great w a 16520

Nice! I have a speedy and I love it!

Old 17 September 2021, 01:19 AM   #23
macotono
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
To each his own. Are you stuck on Rolex? I mean lots of cool pieces in the GS line up and the new zeniths out look fantastic and old school proportions.

Will check out the zenith!

Old 17 September 2021, 02:51 AM   #24
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
Nice collection.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41Mint Green
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2021, 03:13 AM   #25
franklee168
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN W+B DIAL
Satisfied would be a word I would use if that were my collection.
franklee168 is offline   Reply With Quote