The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 December 2021, 05:52 AM   #1
sevusal
"TRF" Member

rubber band and Nato for new 21mm Sub date

I just got my very first Rolex Sub Date. I am looking to buy NATO and Rubber strap. any recommendations? also, I read somewhere that I will have to buy some tools to replace the bands as well. any idea?
edit
sorry if I am not following forum rules. I tried searching but nothing meaningful came up!
sevusal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 06:00 AM   #2
SaintMickey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevusal View Post
I just got my very first Rolex Sub Date. I am looking to buy NATO and Rubber strap. any recommendations? also, I read somewhere that I will have to buy some tools to replace the bands as well. any idea?
Sorry to do this on your first post but...

SaintMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 06:01 AM   #3
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
+1 Ban
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 06:04 AM   #4
sevusal
"TRF" Member

not good question? sorry if I am not following forum rules!
Old 23 December 2021, 06:07 AM   #5
Grapenut
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT(s) & Sub
I'll be a little more welcoming. Congrats on the sub!

Do a quick search and you'll find quite a few threads on this. A few options out there for both types, and suggest reading others experience to see if you can find your preference in the pro/cons. Everest and Rubber B the main rubber brands used.

For tools Bergeon 7825 helps for easy swaps, but costs a bit more than simpler tools. Their 6767 tool or similar make from other brands can do the job just fine.
Grapenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 06:12 AM   #6
sevusal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapenut View Post
I'll be a little more welcoming. Congrats on the sub!

Do a quick search and you'll find quite a few threads on this. A few options out there for both types, and suggest reading others experience to see if you can find your preference in the pro/cons. Everest and Rubber B the main rubber brands used.

For tools Bergeon 7825 helps for easy swaps, but costs a bit more than simpler tools. Their 6767 tool or similar make from other brands can do the job just fine.
Thank you so much. I will close this thread to prevent more backlash! :-D
Old 23 December 2021, 06:17 AM   #7
Kap007
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116900
Dude. I'm all for the Nato. They are practical as all hell. Also it kinda downplays the Rolex which I don't mind. Personally, I think they look awesome. Mine fits perfectly. On ebay you will find the best Nato. About $15. Went up from $12(like everything else). They are the real deal with Nato printed on buckle along with the size(under buckle in mm). I will be right back with site name. Don't let these anti-nato people bully you.
Kap007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 06:22 AM   #8
Kap007
"TRF" Member

Nato-international on ebay is what you want. Have fun. Guess what? It is your Rolex. You can do whatever you want to it!! Don't close thread. Lol
Old 23 December 2021, 06:45 AM   #9
sevusal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap007 View Post
Nato-international on ebay is what you want. Have fun. Guess what? It is your Rolex. You can do whatever you want to it!! Don't close thread. Lol
Thank you! appreciate your help!
Old 23 December 2021, 06:52 AM   #10
SpeakWithMichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Superocean 44not42
Your Rolex Sub has THE best steel bracelet and clasp IN THE WORLD. Nothing even comes close!!! To be able to adjust the length of that bracelet in 5-10 seconds as your wrist expands or contracts is priceless, and something you will not have on any NATO or rubber strap. You will be losing THE greatest comfort point of the best watch in the world by getting rid of the bracelet and that absolutely perfect glidelock clasp. I bet you're also concerned about scratches on the bracelet. Forget it. You're never getting rid of this watch. So wear it, scratch it up, enjoy it.
SpeakWithMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 07:09 AM   #11
Grapenut

Watch: GMT(s) & Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakWithMichael View Post
Your Rolex Sub has THE best steel bracelet and clasp IN THE WORLD. Nothing even comes close!!! To be able to adjust the length of that bracelet in 5-10 seconds as your wrist expands or contracts is priceless, and something you will not have on any NATO or rubber strap. You will be losing THE greatest comfort point of the best watch in the world by getting rid of the bracelet and that absolutely perfect glidelock clasp. I bet you're also concerned about scratches on the bracelet. Forget it. You're never getting rid of this watch. So wear it, scratch it up, enjoy it.
Many of the rubber straps can integrate the glidelock clasp. Just nice to dress it down sometimes. Don't have to lose a thing
Grapenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 07:10 AM   #12
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakWithMichael View Post
It's certainly very well made. But even if it were the most comfortable steel bracelet and clasp in the universe (it's actually not, the modern jubilee is far more enjoyable), that still roughly translates into "if you are going to hit your thumb with a hammer, this is definitely the most comfy hammer you can get."

Anytime I wear a watch on a rubber or leather strap I don't even feel it. EVERY time I wear a watch on a bracelet, whether it's a jubilee or an oyster (I have both 2021 and vintage versions of each style) or an Omega or a Seiko, it just always becomes a bother at some point.

And while it's great that you can adjust the clasp in 10 seconds on the Sub (or with an easy link, or with the Omega push button system), with my rubber and leather and nylon bands I don't ever feel like I need to adjust them in the first place. The naturally soft materials have enough give that my same wrist in the same conditions just never feels like it is getting choked.

I can wear a Swatch or a G-shock or anything on a Nato for a month straight, but after about 8 hours with an all metal bracelet I'm usually like damn, somebody get an EMT to cut this handcuff off of me!!

We (WISs) are so heavily influenced by the appearance of things. And in that regard I definitely prefer the bracelet. But I have actually never met a normal person who likes metal bracelets. All of my friends remove their bracelets immediately. I suffer through mine 9 times out of 10 just because I do prefer the bracelet look on many models. But oh how I suffer
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 08:05 AM   #13
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Welcome to TRF.

Proper question. It's just some can't help but show distain when others deviate from their strict keep-it-all-original dictates. They mean no harm.

Your watch, your choice.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 08:23 AM   #14
S7gpt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610ln YM37 wife
welcome and have fun trying different options on your new watch - I would just practise on something else first so you don't scratch it
S7gpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 08:34 AM   #15
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 SUBMARINER Patron

Watch: SEIKO TUNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintMickey View Post
Sorry to do this on your first post but...

Nice welcome for a new member.
Old 23 December 2021, 08:47 AM   #16
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Send pics ! Never seen a 21mm Sub.
J/K. Welcome to the forum! Do post pics after your post count threshold is met.
I've never done NATO on the sub but do own a few Rubber B straps for the Sub and GMT. They are fun and sporty. If you do any water sports (surfing, wake boarding, SUP..etc) the rubber is comfortable. (Nothing worse than a bracelet taking the wax of your board)
Cheers !
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 09:29 AM   #17
ttomczak

Watch: The Beach
I have my 41 on a rubber band, (which btw IS a 21mm lug width) it’s a nice change up and for anyone who works with computer systems. The glidelock does a wonderful job desk diving lol.

I even put my Daytona on rubber. So so comfortable. Remember, at the end of the day, you do you…. You asked for advice, Everest or Rubber B. Is a great choice, and sorry I don’t have a nato brand to recommend, but others did. Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 9DE6060A-204B-4FC1-876E-7C5A20ED8BB3.jpeg (95.0 KB, 433 views)

If you wind it, it tells pretty good time
(Paul Newman)
ttomczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 12:03 PM   #18
Ohiorolex
"TRF" Member

Tom,
Please post pictures of your 41sub on rubber strap
Ohiorolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 01:01 PM   #19
Watchwoody
"TRF" Member

rubber band and Nato for new 21mm Sub date

Rubber B band

Really makes it feel like a new watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watchwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 01:05 PM   #20
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Welcome to the forum OP
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 01:13 PM   #21
SpeakWithMichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Superocean 44not42
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
It's certainly very well made. But even if it were the most comfortable steel bracelet and clasp in the universe (it's actually not, the modern jubilee is far more enjoyable), that still roughly translates into "if you are going to hit your thumb with a hammer, this is definitely the most comfy hammer you can get."

Anytime I wear a watch on a rubber or leather strap I don't even feel it. EVERY time I wear a watch on a bracelet, whether it's a jubilee or an oyster (I have both 2021 and vintage versions of each style) or an Omega or a Seiko, it just always becomes a bother at some point.

And while it's great that you can adjust the clasp in 10 seconds on the Sub (or with an easy link, or with the Omega push button system), with my rubber and leather and nylon bands I don't ever feel like I need to adjust them in the first place. The naturally soft materials have enough give that my same wrist in the same conditions just never feels like it is getting choked.

I can wear a Swatch or a G-shock or anything on a Nato for a month straight, but after about 8 hours with an all metal bracelet I'm usually like damn, somebody get an EMT to cut this handcuff off of me!!

We (WISs) are so heavily influenced by the appearance of things. And in that regard I definitely prefer the bracelet. But I have actually never met a normal person who likes metal bracelets. All of my friends remove their bracelets immediately. I suffer through mine 9 times out of 10 just because I do prefer the bracelet look on many models. But oh how I suffer
Let him suffer til he likes it. It's the WIS way.
SpeakWithMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 01:13 PM   #22
sevusal
"TRF" Member

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. yes, it was a typo. I mean to say new 41mm watch which has a lug width of 21mm. :-D
I defiantly like RubberB bands. But I felt currently they dont have many options for the band like they have it for previous 40mm model because the 41mm is still newer model.
Old 23 December 2021, 01:34 PM   #23
muskaroxs
"TRF" Member

https://www.bartonwatchbands.com/col...on-watch-bands
muskaroxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 01:37 PM   #24
sevusal
"TRF" Member

Thank you. The problem is lot of these band websites don’t have 21mm band for new 41mm sub

Old 23 December 2021, 08:27 PM   #25
George58
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek Aquanaut
I have a nato on my aquanaut love it
George58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2021, 10:39 PM   #26
Kap007
"TRF" Member

Simply put a 20mm Nato on there. Will fit and look great. JB used a 16mm Nato on his Sub(20mm lug). Not such a great look but it worked for him. RIP
Old 25 December 2021, 05:06 AM   #27
SaintMickey
Banned

Quote:
No its fine. I thought I was being funny I guess not. I just do not like the look.

Welcome to the forum
SaintMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2021, 06:36 AM   #28
Kap007
"TRF" Member

Haaa.. St. Mick all good. It's hard for me to believe that people can get so bent out of shape by the Nato on a Rolex. Not you of course but there are others. Lol
Old 25 December 2021, 06:51 AM   #29
S’portEye
"TRF" Member

I’ll put a NATO on from time to time, but it doesn’t stay on for long as I enjoy the bracelet so much more.

You can downsize to 20mm or even upsize to 22mm. Either works fine, but I prefer the 22mm.
S’portEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2021, 08:46 AM   #30
sevusal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S’portEye View Post
I’ll put a NATO on from time to time, but it doesn’t stay on for long as I enjoy the bracelet so much more.

You can downsize to 20mm or even upsize to 22mm. Either works fine, but I prefer the 22mm.

Thanks. Yes I ordered 22mm NATO. Waiting for RubberB to offer Red color band for 41mm sub now!