The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 1 February 2022, 03:06 AM   #1
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Lange production delay?

Have anyone heard about production delay at Lange? I placed an order with an AD for the new Little One with the copper/gold speckle dial and was provided with a January 2022 delivery from my AD as confirmed by Lange. And my AD just informed me that the watch looks to be delayed, but more concerning is that he said his Lange rep have not replied any of his emails and voicemail inquiry.

Apparently mine is not the only one in question as the AD had not been invoiced for anything since November. Or is Lange planning another price increase so it is holding off invoicing their AD?
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2022, 05:18 AM   #2
Gotwire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Have anyone heard about production delay at Lange? I placed an order with an AD for the new Little One with the copper/gold speckle dial and was provided with a January 2022 delivery from my AD as confirmed by Lange. And my AD just informed me that the watch looks to be delayed, but more concerning is that he said his Lange rep have not replied any of his emails and voicemail inquiry.

Apparently mine is not the only one in question as the AD had not been invoiced for anything since November. Or is Lange planning another price increase so it is holding off invoicing their AD?
Approximately 50% of the factory watchmakers have been out due to omicron surge in Germany. So production is delayed for everything.
Gotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2022, 05:46 AM   #3
raclaims
"TRF" Member

Never waited longer for a watch in my life than a Lange I've been waiting for...
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2022, 07:49 AM   #4
Gotwire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
Never waited longer for a watch in my life than a Lange I've been waiting for...
What did you order?
Gotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2022, 10:12 AM   #5
pjm1289
"TRF" Member

Did you already pay a deposit with your AD? If not, give the NYC boutique a call. They are the flagship North America boutique, and according to the associates there, they have an easier time acquiring pieces because they organize deliveries for AD's all over the US.

I placed an order in mid December and got the watch within a month.
pjm1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2022, 10:33 AM   #6
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
Oooh, sounds exciting
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2022, 11:16 AM   #7
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjm1289 View Post
Did you already pay a deposit with your AD? If not, give the NYC boutique a call. They are the flagship North America boutique, and according to the associates there, they have an easier time acquiring pieces because they organize deliveries for AD's all over the US.

I placed an order in mid December and got the watch within a month.
My AD is actually out of the US and I did put down a deposit. Did you order the same Little Lange One with blue dial (gold speckles) and got it in a month? If that's true, it almost seems like Lange is about to abandon their dealer network like so many other brands are doing...
Old 1 February 2022, 11:25 AM   #8
pjm1289
"TRF" Member

Sorry I should have clarified. I ordered a Saxonia outsize date with a black dial. I did, however, see three or four Little Lange 1’s in the case, most were without the moon phase and one was with it, but I don’t recall the specific dial color.

I haven’t heard about Lange abandoning their AD’s, but in any case, it wouldn’t hurt to call up Lange directly to see if there is anything they can do to expedite delivery to your AD.

Hoping you get your watch soon!
pjm1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2022, 11:22 PM   #9
jd57
"TRF" Member

Put down a deposit last spring at the Boutique on the Lange One Perpetual that supposedly would be available in the summer/fall. Still waiting and have been told the Covid production delay was the problem. Not really feeling the urge for anything else so still waiting, but definitely disappointing.
jd57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2022, 12:49 AM   #10
anselm
"TRF" Member

Lange has had delays like everyone due to the pandemic but in particular. The LL1 aventurine dial has build complexities on top of it. The watch is a 3 layer dial and these dials are delicate. That being said they have stopped taking orders as the back log is crazy for that piece. We fortunately got the first one delivered but it still took a while. It is my wife's piece but I have tried it on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUeR0doL2JR/
anselm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2022, 01:00 AM   #11
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselm View Post
Lange has had delays like everyone due to the pandemic but in particular. The LL1 aventurine dial has build complexities on top of it. The watch is a 3 layer dial and these dials are delicate. That being said they have stopped taking orders as the back log is crazy for that piece. We fortunately got the first one delivered but it still took a while. It is my wife's piece but I have tried it on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUeR0doL2JR/
That makes sense and I hope Lange will be able to deliver mine. But at least Lange should update my AD's status inquiry.

I bet the watch is more stunning in person than the pictures. And I see that you also have the "regular" Lange 1 in blue dial, are you getting the LL1 to get a couple set? Me too here. My wife has been waiting for a matching watch for my Lange 1 for over 15 years now.
Old 2 February 2022, 02:04 AM   #12
macplee
"TRF" Member

How difficult is it to order an Odysseus .179 these days? sorry if this a duh? question - is it as same as AP RO and rolex daytona?
macplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2022, 02:14 AM   #13
ap1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macplee View Post
How difficult is it to order an Odysseus .179 these days? sorry if this a duh? question - is it as same as AP RO and rolex daytona?
Def duh

Will take forever
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2022, 02:26 AM   #14
anselm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That makes sense and I hope Lange will be able to deliver mine. But at least Lange should update my AD's status inquiry.

I bet the watch is more stunning in person than the pictures. And I see that you also have the "regular" Lange 1 in blue dial, are you getting the LL1 to get a couple set? Me too here. My wife has been waiting for a matching watch for my Lange 1 for over 15 years now.
Hopefully you get your LL1 soon. As others have said here, Lange is going boutique so if you do plan on purchasing others, probably better to buy through a boutique as they get preferred allocation vs AD.

We already have the L1 and LL1 25th anniversary as our matching Lange set. She actually has more Lange than I do! The LL1 moonphase aventurine dial is amazing in person. Too hard to capture in pictures. Was the same when she got her aventurine saxonia.

I am waiting to see what they launch in March for my next one.
Old 2 February 2022, 02:27 AM   #15
anselm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macplee View Post
If you get allocated one, current wait time is 3 years.
Old 19 March 2022, 12:49 AM   #16
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Update to my journey. Checked with AD again and still no update from Lange. He is very apologetic but stated that Lange did not provide any ETA and he is offering to refund my deposit.

Has anyone one received the Little Lange One Monnphase with the Aventurine like dial lately? I heard there is some production issue with the dial and very few are being made right now?
Old 19 March 2022, 01:17 AM   #17
anselm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Update to my journey. Checked with AD again and still no update from Lange. He is very apologetic but stated that Lange did not provide any ETA and he is offering to refund my deposit.

Has anyone one received the Little Lange One Monnphase with the Aventurine like dial lately? I heard there is some production issue with the dial and very few are being made right now?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUeR0doL...dium=copy_link

Yes we got one of the first ones but there is definitely an issue with the build as it is a 3 layer dial and apparently hard to make. I don’t know for sure but since Lange assembles the watch twice, wonder if on reassembly there are issues.
Old 19 March 2022, 01:31 AM   #18
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

What about Saxonia manual or thin? Hard to find?
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 02:25 AM   #19
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
My local ALS AD was nearly bare on stock, probably the lowest I've seen at least from a retail counter perspective (Not sure if there are any in the back). Same narrative of production and service delays.
PBJ1925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 03:44 AM   #20
nickorette
2024 Pledge Member

My local AD was quoting me 1 year + for the timepieces I was looking for. Boutique was able to get me everything I wanted within a few weeks.
IWC: PRT Minute Repeater, Pilot 36, Pallweber, Vintage Pilot Tribute, Ingenieur Patek: 5098P, 5738R, 5120G, 5172G, 6119R JLC: Reverso, Duomètre, Polaris Memovox, MUTM Enamel AP: 15202ST Lange: Lange 1, Copper Blue, Richard Lange, 1815 Up/Down Rolex: 116000, 116520, 126655, 124060, 116505, 228238 Panerai: Luminor 676 Omega: Aqua Terra, SM 300, Museum N°10, 321 EW, CK 859 Cartier: Santos M, Tank LC VC: Cornes De Vache, Triple Calendrier, 222, 4300V/120R FPJ: CS LF: Classic Micro Rotor
nickorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 03:58 AM   #21
daytonaTBR
"TRF" Member

Quote:

ALS Boutique told me a few weeks ago they've stopped taking orders on it and have a huge production backlog for that piece.
daytonaTBR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 05:54 AM   #22
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:

It may have to do with LL1 moonphase aventurine dial. This particular dial is extremely difficult to make that passes their internal QC. I was told only 10% of the dial makes the final cut onto the watch.
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 March 2022, 05:56 AM   #23
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Wonder if I should just take the deposit back and wait for Lange to resolve the production issue. (Maybe another year or two?)

Surprising though as this dial was used in Saxonia before.
Old 19 March 2022, 06:00 AM   #24
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Production delay especially due to lockdown/covid in winter months (Germany).
Will take up to 1-2 years to catch up.
Old 19 March 2022, 06:03 AM   #25
anselm
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wonder if I should just take the deposit back and wait for Lange to resolve the production issue. (Maybe another year or two?)

Saxonia is a single dial. LL1 moonphase is three dials in different layers. That is the issue.
Old 19 March 2022, 06:05 AM   #26
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselm View Post
Saxonia is a single dial. LL1 moonphase is three dials in different layers. That is the issue.

I see. Thanks for the feedback.

Now time to bet if my AD will ever get a shipment.
Old 19 March 2022, 06:21 AM   #27
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:

no. don't take the deposit back if I were you. You have more leverage that way and plus you always have your spot in line.
Old 19 March 2022, 06:22 AM   #28
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegt View Post
no. don't take the deposit back if I were you. You have more leverage that way and plus you always have your spot in line.

Thanks. I will keep for a few more months, I already waited since last April so a few months is okay.
Old 19 March 2022, 07:08 AM   #29
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks. I will keep for a few more months, I already waited since last April so a few months is okay.
definitely worth the wait. That could easily be the most beautiful lange 1 dial there is.
Old 19 March 2022, 07:12 AM   #30
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Personally, don't pull your deposit. As we know, in general, some brands do have delays. And I quote Tom Petty....

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote