The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 March 2022, 04:29 AM   #1
Fritzli
"TRF" Member

Tudor Pelagos FXD

There is so little i can read here in the Forum about the Tudor Pelagos FXD. Its, such an iconic watch by its history and importance for Tudor and also Tudors design. I spoke with many ADs i know and it must be a very limited model - many of "my" ADs only get àbout 3 pieces a year - many less than lets say the Black Bays Chronos. As you check chrono24 they seem to be very limited - only about 30 pieces to find and most more than double the MRSP. I love this watch and i think its a very good sign where Tudor will go in the future - experimental by idea, design, material - maybe it will overtake the place where Rolex has been for many years and now moved more to the luxury part of watch making. Tudor is still underestimated in my opinion and i think that also the rarity of some models like the FXD will elevate Tudors attractivity!

What do you think about the FXD?!

Best regards

Antoine
Fritzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 04:44 AM   #2
direwolf
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
I think the lack of enthusiasm is a sign of where this forum has been headed unfortunately. When I first joined, a military inspired Rolex or Tudor with fixed lugs would have generated a lot of interest. Now, it’s more about the resale value, the bling factor and what watches are popular on instagram. As an avid surfer, I am thrilled with my FXD. It is very comfortable too due to the titanium, as well as the case profile. Killer release.
Old 2 March 2022, 04:45 AM   #3
nr1416
"TRF" Member

The FXD is one of the pieces that has me truly excited to add to my collection one day. It's like nothing else on the market imho, a truly unique piece only true enthusiasts can appreciate.

I see a lot of people complaining about the lack of bracelet. It's simple, if you want a bracelet buy a BB58 or normal Pelagos. The fixed lugs are what makes this watch so special. Vintage Rolex collectors go nuts for the MilSub with fixed lugs, so the FXD falls into that category. This will be one of those watches for "the guys that know, know".

The FXD isn't trying to be a 5 digit Submariner or anything else. It is it's own watch in every regard, from the case to the dial to the count down bezel.

I said this from the beginning of Rolex made a watch with fixed lugs it would be going for 4X mrsp but Rolex won't do that anymore cause that's not what they are.

My predictions for the FXD is that it will be a short run of 2 or 3 years with the MN logo on the back. After that you might see a black and white one be in the lineup for the long term.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 04:46 AM   #4
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
I like the watch a lot. It was a bold move but the strap to lug design is rubbing some the wrong way.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 05:05 AM   #5
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Love the FXD. The fixed lugs is a great option.

However, hoping non MN variants get released with the Pelagos bracelet.
kieselguhr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 05:18 AM   #6
Innocenti
"TRF" Member

I like it a lot and could rock one as an only watch.
I wish is was 39mm or smaller
Innocenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 05:40 AM   #7
jswing
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060/124270/BB54
I love the FXD. I haven't been able to take it off since I got it.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
jswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 05:41 AM   #8
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

It’s an ultra niche (and ultra cool) watch. I’m a HUGE fan.
Cru Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 06:20 AM   #9
Spoonage

Thinking hard about the FXD. I like the looks of it and def appreciate where it's coming from.
Spoonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 06:26 AM   #10
JPBlackBay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
Waiting for the day when I can see one in person. I was unsure of what to make of it at first, but Tudor deserves credit for making such a niche diving watch in this day and age.
JPBlackBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 06:31 AM   #11
marc12
Banned

Watch: Blue Steel SD
I really love it but it sucks trying to get one
marc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 06:33 AM   #12
Rrpdc
2024 Pledge Member

Love my fxd on the stock nato Velcro. Got it first day it came out.
Rrpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 06:41 AM   #13
Nunez. Jacob
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswing View Post
i love the fxd. I haven't been able to take it off since i got it.

sent from my sm-a326u using tapatalk
that watch is fire
Nunez. Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 06:44 AM   #14
1665fan
"TRF" Member

I’m on the list…..want to get one for my son….my AD says that have only received 1 so far
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 09:16 AM   #15
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Seems I've read a lot about the FXD in TRF. Appears to be quite popular with veteran enthusiasts who now find themselves first time Tudor buyers.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 09:28 AM   #16
jswing
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060/124270/BB54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Seems I've read a lot about the FXD in TRF. Appears to be quite popular with veteran enthusiasts who now find themselves first time Tudor buyers.
dP
The FXD is my first Pelagos, but my 8th Tudor. In truth I'm probably a bigger fan of Tudor than Rolex, although I do love my Submariner.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk
jswing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 09:30 AM   #17
Driver8
"TRF" Member

I love the look of it, and I completely "get" what it's about and why it was made... BUT I don't personally like titanium (and especially butter-soft grade 2 titanium at that), and I don't like Nato straps which are the only option with the fixed bars.

When I first saw the pictures I was hoping like crazy that it'd be in steel and have conventional spring bars, because if it had I'd be all over it.
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 09:32 AM   #18
Sothy
"TRF" Member

I think it’s great. I only didn’t go after it due to Tudor’s movement replacement servicing model. That’s probably silly on my part though. I just prefer the idea of my movement being serviced and put back into my watch.

I’ll say that it’s an amazing watch! The rubber strap looks great too imo.
Sothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 09:33 AM   #19
Driver8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sothy View Post
I think it’s great. I only didn’t go after it due to Tudor’s movement replacement servicing model. That’s probably silly on my part though. I just prefer the idea of my movement being serviced and put back into my watch.

I’ll say that it’s an amazing watch! The rubber strap looks great too imo.
I totally agree with you on that as well.
Driver8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 09:38 AM   #20
crazycarlitos
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
I love the look of it, and I completely "get" what it's about and why it was made... BUT I don't personally like titanium (and especially butter-soft grade 2 titanium at that)
Same here.

Liked the look of Pelagos. Didn’t like the weight of the titanium. Too light for me.

Fxd is nice.. but I prefer ability to switch from bracelet to nato strap and back and forth.

Ymmv.
Old 2 March 2022, 09:46 AM   #21
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Digging the count down bezel. If they put a count down on the LHD I would fight for it.
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 09:58 AM   #22
Mick006
"TRF" Member

I like it. Put a deposit for it on Nov, top of the list but nothing but crickets. I picked up something else over the weekend so I might have to put it on hold.

A lot to like about this watch.
Mick006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 10:46 AM   #23
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
I think the lack of enthusiasm is a sign of where this forum has been headed unfortunately. When I first joined, a military inspired Rolex or Tudor with fixed lugs would have generated a lot of interest. Now, it’s more about the resale value, the bling factor and what watches are popular on instagram. As an avid surfer, I am thrilled with my FXD. It is very comfortable too due to the titanium, as well as the case profile. Killer release.
What he says….
Since getting the FXD I cannot wear any other watches. To me this is so perfect. Also an avid surfer and someone who uses the watch in the ocean a lot so fixed bars are a great security feature for me. Add to that the comfort of the fxd, the legibility of the dial, the uniqueness of the bezel which can easy be used for either countdown or traditional timekeeping, and cannot forget the rock solid movement Tudor has produced (I’ve had too many 500m Pelagos’ to know how reliable and accurate). All in all I think the best all around watch in my collection. Cannot rave enough about it.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 11:52 AM   #24
slide13
"TRF" Member

Love mine! Got it in early December and have been wearing it since. So comfortable and easy to wear! I’ve always loved the idea of a fixed bar MilSub but obviously knew I’d never be able to own one and Rolex was unlikely to release a new one. But Tudor released a modern interpretation of one in the FXD and I couldn’t be happier with it.

The day it was released I knew Tudor was releasing something but hadn’t been paying attention and wasn’t that interested really….until I saw it. Then I was on the phone to the AD first thing putting my name down. Thankfully the person it was earmarked for ended up not taking it and after a couple weeks they offered it to me.
slide13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 05:46 PM   #25
Fritzli
"TRF" Member

Thanks for all the replies. I like the idea that the FXD is made without a compromise! Its made for the needs of a marine diver and not for the average customer needs! So the fixed bar, the nato-strap, strong but light etc.! Its an honest watch which dont wanna be every oneces darling. Authentic! I like this idea and i like Tudor for doing this apart from mainstream!

And yes, i also like Tudor for sponsoring the biggest surf events in the world - great niche! Very cool - espacially in times where every hippster wears a Rolex - is it safe to wear my Sub in a swimming pool?! ;-)
Fritzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 05:48 PM   #26
harvey
"TRF" Member

…definitely one of the better Tudor references, especially on the rubber strap.
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 March 2022, 10:45 PM   #27
Bruse Wayne
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43/DJ41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBlackBay View Post
Waiting for the day when I can see one in person. I was unsure of what to make of it at first, but Tudor deserves credit for making such a niche diving watch in this day and age.
Same. In pictures I always feel like the Tudor case is very thick/tall…..
Watchbox Residents: Ball CM2192C #560 / Tag Huer CAH1011 / Casio GA-2110 / Apple MKHK3LL-A
Bruse Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2022, 03:39 AM   #28
johnwigan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Interest may increase when they are widely available to see, try on and buy. Another watch involving a long waiting list or not avallable can only generate so much interest.
johnwigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2022, 03:53 AM   #29
Rick_Nashville

I've been collecting Tudors since around 2012. If there's one thing I've noticed, it's that Tudor is not the least bit shy about releasing subsequent variants of their watches. I love the entire niche/tool concept of the FXD, and I totally *get* what Fritzli is saying about the needs of the marine divers, but I wouldn't mind seeing a bracelet version released in a few years time. Then keep both versions in production. Win-win.
Rick_Nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2022, 12:57 AM   #30
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Theres a lot of Love/Hate around the FXD, that's something common with watches that sky rocket in price after they are discontinued. I can see the FXD being highly collectable if it has a production run of 3 or 4 years.
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote