The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 23 June 2022, 05:01 PM   #1
Alvar*
"TRF" Member

Blancpain fifty fathoms on a small wrist

I really want a Blancpain FF preferably the titanium version. Problem is, my wrist is ~ 6,25 ".

The biggest watch i've worn comfortably is probably Tudor North Flag (pretty much the same l2t as the FF) and a Seiko 5kx.

Obvious thing would be trying one in person but there are no nearby ads or even greys who would have one for sale.

Do you guys think I could wear this piece on my 6,25" wrist (rather flat)? I was thinking that maybe the titanium version would be more manageable.
Alvar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 05:46 PM   #2
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Here is a review on a 6.25" wrist that should give you a very good idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1uT2zqzHkw
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2022, 09:22 PM   #3
ap1
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

40mm ltd best for you I’d say
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2022, 02:38 AM   #4
Batmannr1
"TRF" Member

Watch: On the left wrist
Blancpain fifty fathoms on a small wrist

Most common complaint about the FF, the size. Tried the 45 mm FF on my wrist (6,75 inches)
Too big for my liking. Waited instead on a 40 mm LE Barakuda, which is a much better fit.
Unbelievable that Blancpain still not has released a 40/41 mm standard edition.
Hopefully next year.
Batmannr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2022, 03:38 AM   #5
Rolextellstime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
The watch seize and fit is very subjective and general public perception changes over time. It really comes down to if you like it and less so what others think.
I have worn mostly 38 to 40mm watches and when I initially tried on a 44mm or 45mm watch the initial reaction is that it is too big, but after wearing the watch for a while I got used to the size and wear 44 and 45mm watches in rotation with the other smaller ones.
The more important thing also is how the watch feels on the wrist and comfort. The titanium BP FF are awesome because they are so light, and super comfortable to wear.
If you like the watch, the best thing is to buy and wear it for a month, then you will truly know. Sometimes just trying it on is not enough.
Here is a picture of mine FF which is 45mm and titanium case. 20220614_101856.jpg20220614_102110.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Rolextellstime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2022, 04:10 AM   #6
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolextellstime View Post
The watch seize and fit is very subjective and general public perception changes over time. It really comes down to if you like it and less so what others think.
I have worn mostly 38 to 40mm watches and when I initially tried on a 44mm or 45mm watch the initial reaction is that it is too big, but after wearing the watch for a while I got used to the size and wear 44 and 45mm watches in rotation with the other smaller ones.
The more important thing also is how the watch feels on the wrist and comfort. The titanium BP FF are awesome because they are so light, and super comfortable to wear.
If you like the watch, the best thing is to buy and wear it for a month, then you will truly know. Sometimes just trying it on is not enough.
Here is a picture of mine FF which is 45mm and titanium case…
How large is your wrist Ken?
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2022, 07:11 AM   #7
DVR
"TRF" Member

Watch: Diver watches
Quote:
Here is a picture of mine FF which is 45mm and titanium case. Attachment 1300414Attachment 1300417

I agree completely, I have posted similar comments over the years.
Gorgeous watch and love it on your wrist. Looks spectacular. I love it when a diver watch is dominant on the wrist. Looks so, so good.
Old 24 June 2022, 07:52 AM   #8
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Beautiful watch .SS/black dial .
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 05:39 AM   #9
stevedssd
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Completely agree. I tried on the steel and titanium 5015's at the London Boutique and for me with a 7.25 inch wrist they were like a 42mm watch. The female manager showed me the watches and on a fairly small wrist she was wearing the steel 45mm Automatique and it looked incredible on her. I guess what I'm saying is that the 45mm can be worn well on a smaller wrist but this is a watch that needs to be experienced in person before buying...... and I intend to buy a titanium blue in Sept
stevedssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2022, 05:54 PM   #10
Alvar*
"TRF" Member

Based on these comments I will try to get my hands on a titanium ff. Pics will follow!
Alvar* is offline   Reply With Quote