The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 9 July 2023, 05:45 AM   #1
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

Silver Snoopy Production Levels?

I know near impossible question to answer but I thought I'd throw it out there nonetheless to see if what kind of opinions are out there:

There were 5441 pieces of the 1st gen Snoopys.
There were 1972 pieces of the 2nd gen Snoopys

Given the supposedly 5 years production cycle (maybe really 4 due to slow start and ending before 5 years is up), what are the people's thoughts on number of pieces to be produced for the current 3rd gen Silver Snoopy?

I'm assuming Omega is not going to produce 10k pieces as Omega seems to be going down the path of "limited" production watches - but who knows.

I'm guessing ~5k?

thoughts?
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2023, 10:53 AM   #2
nr1416
"TRF" Member

I think the best guess I heard so far was someone having the total # of OBs world wide and multiplying it by roughly 12 a year.

I think remember it being roughly 1500 to 2000 Snoopy's delivered a year.

5 year production run sounds about right as well.

The question is will ADs start getting watches too. I know the odd AD in certain countries that don't have any OBs will get 1 here for a super VIP, but none are getting them consistently.

Sent from my SM-S916W using Tapatalk
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2023, 05:22 AM   #3
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
It’s difficult to say, but the last apollo 11 there were c7k and those sold. I suspect this will end up similar once they get to the end of the run. Certainly way more than the second snoopy which they could have sold multiples of what they produced.

And why not - it’s a hot watch and a very good looking one too which appeals to many.
Stevec14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2023, 12:13 PM   #4
tenementhall
"TRF" Member

The 2 Omega Boutiques in Manhattan received (across both stores) 1 piece per month in 2020, 1-2 per month in 2021, and 2-3 per month in 2022. If we assume they follow a similar curve (and keep 2022 levels in 2023) that means 2-3 in 2023, 1-2 in 2024 and 1 2025 let’s say.

That means for these 2 OBs it’s 110 over a run through end of 2025. However, I’m assuming these 2 get a bit more than a boutique in Ohio. If I assume there are 50-60 OBs (heard that somewhere here or on Omega Forums IIRC), and half are in cities comparable to Manhattan (other half of the OBs get 50% of the volume of Snoopies) then I get to 4,538 over the 5 year run which seems reasonable - somewhere in between Snoopy I and II.

Numbers like 10-15k are a bit ridiculous IMO. Omega may not have Rolex’s marketing genius but I highly doubt a luxury subsidiary of a 32k employee company is dumb enough to pump these out until there’s a glut. If there were anywhere close to that produced so quickly we would see a lot more of them
tenementhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2023, 05:35 AM   #5
nr1416
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenementhall View Post
The 2 Omega Boutiques in Manhattan received (across both stores) 1 piece per month in 2020, 1-2 per month in 2021, and 2-3 per month in 2022. If we assume they follow a similar curve (and keep 2022 levels in 2023) that means 2-3 in 2023, 1-2 in 2024 and 1 2025 let’s say.

That means for these 2 OBs it’s 110 over a run through end of 2025. However, I’m assuming these 2 get a bit more than a boutique in Ohio. If I assume there are 50-60 OBs (heard that somewhere here or on Omega Forums IIRC), and half are in cities comparable to Manhattan (other half of the OBs get 50% of the volume of Snoopies) then I get to 4,538 over the 5 year run which seems reasonable - somewhere in between Snoopy I and II.

Numbers like 10-15k are a bit ridiculous IMO. Omega may not have Rolex’s marketing genius but I highly doubt a luxury subsidiary of a 32k employee company is dumb enough to pump these out until there’s a glut. If there were anywhere close to that produced so quickly we would see a lot more of them
100% agree with this.

I read else where on this topic people saying Omega will continue to produce the Snoopy till everyone that wants one gets one. That not possible just like the steel Daytona, production will never exceed the demand. If Omega produces these to the point that they are selling for under MRSP then that will just shoot them in the foot for the next Snoopy they release.
nr1416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2023, 05:51 AM   #6
raclaims
"TRF" Member

What's interesting is how the 2nd gen still sells way higher second hand than the supposedly currently less produced new one...
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2023, 07:12 AM   #7
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
What's interesting is how the 2nd gen still sells way higher second hand than the supposedly currently less produced new one...
I wouldn’t for one minute think the new one is less produced than the snoopy 2. I’d wager there are already at least double the new snoopy out there compared to that.

Heck, I got one!
Old 11 July 2023, 07:17 AM   #8
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenementhall View Post

I don’t disagree - but bear in mind omega are a numbers game - the future value matters not much to swatch shareholders.

I think 10-15k is silly, but around the 7k mark which was enough to see the A11 stay very nicely in demand post sell out will do nicely going fwd I’d have thought.
Old 11 July 2023, 08:40 AM   #9
bonovox
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your time
I've heard through a reliable source at Omega that the production run will be closer to 4 years, somewhere at or under 8k pieces in total.
bonovox is offline   Reply With Quote