The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 December 2023, 01:18 AM   #1
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Orlando FL going down to 1 Rolex location.

The Mayors in Florida Mall is closing this spring, due to Rolex and Cartier pulling out. Their allocations will be sent to the Rolex Boutique in Millenia Mall. The Mayors there will continue to sell Cartier, for now. The Florida mall Rolex allocations will go to the boutique. So the same amount of watches will come into Orlando. Luckily I have a contact at the boutique, and Mayors.

Years ago there was maybe 8 Rolex AD’s in Orlando. One mall alone had 2.

My thoughts are that soon a AD will be trimmed from Daytona Beach and from Tampa.
Kinnakeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 01:32 AM   #2
fooey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few now!
Happening all over mate. There's some horrible AD's I can think of that deserve it sooner than later!
What goes around...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
fooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 01:46 AM   #3
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by fooey View Post
happening all over mate. There's some horrible ad's i can think of that deserve it sooner than later!
What goes around...

Sent from my sm-g991b using tapatalk
+1
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 01:56 AM   #4
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
The faux waiting lists just got longer
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 02:20 AM   #5
illiguy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

DavidSW wins!
illiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 03:04 AM   #6
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
The faux waiting lists just got longer
They use a registry. It’s not a list that goes in order. But there is a registry.
Old 21 December 2023, 03:36 AM   #7
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

I think Daytona and Melbourne area AD will be eliminated.

Tampa will stick with WOS
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 04:25 AM   #8
Robbmill
"TRF" Member

DavidSW owns the Orlando market!
Robbmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 04:29 AM   #9
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbmill View Post
DavidSW owns the Orlando market!
Maybe he’ll become an AD
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 04:30 AM   #10
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
I think Daytona and Melbourne area AD will be eliminated.

Tampa will stick with WOS
I’m thinking of the AD in North Tampa. Might be in Land O Lakes or near. The name escapes me right now. Rolex would only be sold at Mayors Rolex boutique in the mall, and the mayors in Sarasota.
Old 21 December 2023, 04:40 AM   #11
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Sounds good to me. I've gotten the majority of my watches from that boutique.
travisb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 04:42 AM   #12
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
I’m thinking of the AD in North Tampa. Might be in Land O Lakes or near. The name escapes me right now. Rolex would only be sold at Mayors Rolex boutique in the mall, and the mayors in Sarasota.
Are you thinking of Keifer Jewelers?
travisb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 04:53 AM   #13
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Stunning as that area in central FL has a lot of money and people that is the ideal Rolex demographic.
Old 21 December 2023, 06:05 AM   #14
RKunz
"TRF" Member

I’ve heard rumors about Tampa as well.
RKunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2023, 06:30 AM   #15
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
Yes I think that’s the one.
Old 21 December 2023, 06:31 AM   #16
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Stunning as that area in central FL has a lot of money and people that is the ideal Rolex demographic.
Yes, thats right. It’s a huge market for high end watches.
Old 22 December 2023, 12:51 AM   #17
train-time
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
The Mayors in Florida Mall is closing this spring, due to Rolex and Cartier pulling out. Their allocations will be sent to the Rolex Boutique in Millenia Mall. The Mayors there will continue to sell Cartier, for now. The Florida mall Rolex allocations will go to the boutique. So the same amount of watches will come into Orlando. Luckily I have a contact at the boutique, and Mayors.

Years ago there was maybe 8 Rolex AD’s in Orlando. One mall alone had 2.

My thoughts are that soon a AD will be trimmed from Daytona Beach and from Tampa.
That's a shame but it is happening all over. My state was cut to 2 AD's. The furthest one from me is an old standing AD located in a large, high-income metro area. I haven't been there is decades and understand that they won't give you the time of day unless you are one of their whales. The other AD closer to me doesn't sell any piece that has a high demand for MSRP. It's a sad market to be in!
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 12:54 AM   #18
Grandsport
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116509
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiguy View Post
DavidSW wins!
That's truly a shame.
Grandsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 03:26 AM   #19
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
How can a big area like Orlando have one AD? It sure looks like the nation will one day be limited to a few Company owned stores. The lists never go away.

The crazy thing is ADs shrink to nothing but supply to the remaining stores never seems to increase.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 04:54 AM   #20
worr
"TRF" Member

Doesn’t really matter if there is 1 or 10 if none will sell you a watch.
worr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 05:21 AM   #21
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooey View Post
Happening all over mate. There's some horrible AD's I can think of that deserve it sooner than later!
What goes around...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
yeah agreed. a boutique only model would be so much better imo, get rid of all these greedy ADs pushing jewelry and diamonds in exchange for rolexes. can really see the difference with a boutique only model with AP, where there are clear paths and requirements to watches

with rolex it's just imaginary waitlists and whatever else they come up with
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 09:13 AM   #22
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
This AD is awful. They come off friendly and will take care of you, but make you buy alot of jewelry for a submariner I even had a rep tell me "we still have you on the list for "xyz Rolex" did you want to get any jewelery for your wife first"I am all about helping the underdog but a turn off when you see multiple family members with white SS Daytona.

Mayors in Tampa has been amazing, they are more professional to deal with and transparent.
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2023, 10:57 AM   #23
Klutzyyy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd2984 View Post
This AD is awful. They come off friendly and will take care of you, but make you buy alot of jewelry for a submariner I even had a rep tell me "we still have you on the list for "xyz Rolex" did you want to get any jewelery for your wife first"I am all about helping the underdog but a turn off when you see multiple family members with white SS Daytona.

Mayors in Tampa has been amazing, they are more professional to deal with and transparent.
I have purchased a submariner from WOS/Mayors in Tampa and a Batman GMT from Keifers.

Keifers is by farrrr the better experience as a consumer. I had my guard up at first with how sincere they were about telling me they could allocate a Batman, however that quickly happened in 7/8 months iirc. I came referred by my best friend who got his Batman after 6 months. Only purchase was a little 2k in jewelry for my girlfriend that I planned to buy either their or at Mayors anyways.

Keifers spent the time to help me design her necklace and even wax molded it to show me before I committed to the purchase. When I went to Mayors not only was the same thing 5k vs 2k, they basically said we can't customize it and felt bothered that I wanted to change a few simple things.

Mayors makes you feel like a peasant and the only reason they sold me the Sub was 3 days after I bought a Cartier Santos. Was on "the list" for 18 months+ for the sub and got bored and had cash so said screw it I do like the Santos. Told me I could wear the Santos out but wanted me to come back in 2-3 days to collect the box...ok no problem.
Came back and sat me down, introduced me to the Store manager and basically my SA had me "pitch" why I should be allocated a Sub and what do you know, "let me go check something in the back" and its magically on a tray 2 min later..felt fake as fuck as rubbed me the wrong way.

Mayors will definitely have more Rolex sent to them as part of WOS but as far as im concerned I would rather wait longer at Keifers to be treated like a valued customer and not just a number.
Klutzyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2023, 01:13 PM   #24
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I was under the impression that Mayors owned the MM Boutique. Is that not accurate? If yes, why dump the Mayors proper?
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2023, 01:31 PM   #25
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klutzyyy View Post
I have purchased a submariner from WOS/Mayors in Tampa and a Batman GMT from Keifers.

Keifers is by farrrr the better experience as a consumer. I had my guard up at first with how sincere they were about telling me they could allocate a Batman, however that quickly happened in 7/8 months iirc. I came referred by my best friend who got his Batman after 6 months. Only purchase was a little 2k in jewelry for my girlfriend that I planned to buy either their or at Mayors anyways.

Keifers spent the time to help me design her necklace and even wax molded it to show me before I committed to the purchase. When I went to Mayors not only was the same thing 5k vs 2k, they basically said we can't customize it and felt bothered that I wanted to change a few simple things.

Mayors makes you feel like a peasant and the only reason they sold me the Sub was 3 days after I bought a Cartier Santos. Was on "the list" for 18 months+ for the sub and got bored and had cash so said screw it I do like the Santos. Told me I could wear the Santos out but wanted me to come back in 2-3 days to collect the box...ok no problem.
Came back and sat me down, introduced me to the Store manager and basically my SA had me "pitch" why I should be allocated a Sub and what do you know, "let me go check something in the back" and its magically on a tray 2 min later..felt fake as fuck as rubbed me the wrong way.

Mayors will definitely have more Rolex sent to them as part of WOS but as far as im concerned I would rather wait longer at Keifers to be treated like a valued customer and not just a number.
Glad you had a good experience with Keifers. It could all do with dealing with the wrong SA for me at Keifers.
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2023, 10:38 PM   #26
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
I have been on the list for a few years now at Keifers, not one call & when I speak to them they always offer jewelry to purchase for Mother’s Day or any special occasion. I receive that in my email blasts & text constantly. Mayors had been very good to me overall. I did receive a Sub date and Silver Snoopy from them.
Old 24 December 2023, 01:24 AM   #27
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
I was just at that Mayors two weeks ago. Was down there for a work training. Nice store but I didn't care for the sales folks. None seemed at all interested in conversation on watches, just pure sales people. I get they are in the business of selling watches, but I was the only customer in the store, and they still seemed bothered by me. Oh well, at this point I prefer the boutiques over the ADs just for the experience.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 03:09 AM   #28
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Boutique only model would be similar except they’d be “greedy” by selling the less requested models first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
yeah agreed. a boutique only model would be so much better imo, get rid of all these greedy ADs pushing jewelry and diamonds in exchange for rolexes. can really see the difference with a boutique only model with AP, where there are clear paths and requirements to watches

with rolex it's just imaginary waitlists and whatever else they come up with
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 03:38 AM   #29
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWoodster View Post
Boutique only model would be similar except they’d be “greedy” by selling the less requested models first.
of course it wouldn't change the need for purchase history but at least you would only have to buy rolex models instead of jewelry or other brands and everyone would be playing by the same rules
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 December 2023, 05:45 AM   #30
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
I was under the impression that Mayors owned the MM Boutique. Is that not accurate? If yes, why dump the Mayors proper?
WOS owns Mayors, which runs the MM boutique.

The Florida Mall location is really not necessary. Honestly, that mall is more focused on mid to low tier shopping. There are no other luxury brands in that mall now. It's not the right fit and it's time to move on it from it for Rolex and Mayors.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote