The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 9 January 2024, 02:39 PM   #1
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

41 Chrono: Blue or Green dial, Steel or RG?

Hey guys, which of these 4 watches would you prefer (bracelet version for the RG).

I currently have a blue 15510ST, blue SS Code Chrono, green 15720st for reference.

I am leaning towards the green RG version since I could have some variety in terms of dial colors in my collection, especially if I get a blue 16202st in the future.

I also do want an all gold sports watch at some point, but not sure if I can wear it regularly as much as I could a steel watch.

Not too concerned about long term value since I won't sell, but in terms of long-term fashionable-ness and timeless-ness, which of the 4 variations would you recommend? is blue and steel the safer, conservative choice versus green and rose gold?
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2024, 03:05 PM   #2
honuswagner13
"TRF" Member

I don’t think you can go wrong with either of the choices you list. Obviously the budget is way higher on the RG versions, over $100k.

My dream watch is the 26240or, full rose gold with blue, but that’s just me.

The green in person looks almost black.
honuswagner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2024, 03:35 PM   #3
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

I have the black dial and love it.
If you’re asking about a watch that will be timeless I think black and silver are your best bets. Blue is a trend and green even more so. If you already have steel watches and want to get a blue 16202 then I recommend a black dial 26240OR; not just because I’m biased but I think it best fits the criteria you laid out - and I assume the additional cost is not a deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2024, 06:21 PM   #4
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Personally I'll go for the green 26240OR. The blue is beautiful but green is just so special. Saw it in person in early 2022 and I was floored. The subtle green that only appears under good lighting is what draws me to it.

And again my own personal feel, a full gold timepiece is a must have for most collectors in their collection which you have yet to own.
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2024, 05:55 AM   #5
Atmwireless
"TRF" Member

Green on gold!
Atmwireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2024, 12:24 PM   #6
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

thanks guys, yea I am leaning towards the RG / green bracelet and hope I get an allocation soon.

don't think I can pull it off as a daily wear, but would be nice for special outings once a month etc
Old 12 January 2024, 04:26 AM   #7
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Personally, I think for the RG chrono the dial color is not as important as for steel - the giant chunk of red gold is absolutely stunning with any of the dark dials. Steel is more subtle and the dial color makes a larger difference.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST // 26715.ST.ZZ || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 07:11 AM   #8
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
thanks guys, yea I am leaning towards the RG / green bracelet and hope I get an allocation soon.

don't think I can pull it off as a daily wear, but would be nice for special outings once a month etc

RG with the green dial is stunning. That would be a superb choice.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk / Rolex 116500 Panda / Rolex 126710 BLRO / Rolex 126610LV Green / Rolex 16570 Black/ Rolex 116300 Blue / Rolex 126710 BLNR
mickyd329 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 12:03 PM   #9
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Personally, I think for the RG chrono the dial color is not as important as for steel - the giant chunk of red gold is absolutely stunning with any of the dark dials. Steel is more subtle and the dial color makes a larger difference.
that's an interesting point. for me the biggest question mark is how the RG would look on my skin. im asian and kind of pale with pinkish skin, so the RG blends in with my skin. that's part of the reason why I much prefer YG, but YG is obviously more limited. Due to my skin color, I think the dial might pop more while the RG blends in with my skin..although I haven't been able to try on the blue/green RG variants though so I guess I'll find out if I get the call
Old 12 January 2024, 12:08 PM   #10
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
RG with the green dial is stunning. That would be a superb choice.
Old 12 January 2024, 03:50 PM   #11
kriskelv
"TRF" Member

Got mine end of October. My second allocation. Requested a blue dial but still got lucky being offered the green khaki dial. Like it better than black dial.

Last edited by kriskelv; 12 January 2024 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Insert pictures
kriskelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2024, 07:04 PM   #12
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-N-Out View Post
that's an interesting point. for me the biggest question mark is how the RG would look on my skin. im asian and kind of pale with pinkish skin, so the RG blends in with my skin. that's part of the reason why I much prefer YG, but YG is obviously more limited. Due to my skin color, I think the dial might pop more while the RG blends in with my skin..although I haven't been able to try on the blue/green RG variants though so I guess I'll find out if I get the call
I'm also Asian and was lucky to have tried on both the green and blue in RG when it was initially launched during the 50th anniversary. For a fair skin Asian, the RG is actually not very loud as many assume it would be. It's still eye catching but not extreme if you compare to Rolex in full YG. But Asians being Asians, I would think most would still opt for YG. And due to the excellent workmanship for AP, youngsters can carry their YG as good as their RG counterpart.
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2024, 10:47 AM   #13
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Hard choices here!

I have the 26239OR blue dial - the was the predecessor of the 26240 (6 month run) and the 26240ST green. The green dial is very nice.and I think it looks better on the rose gold. It is quite muted and often looks black.

Do you like yellow gold? If so, wait for April and see what might be released for the 26240 - cold be a YG w a smoked dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote