The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 16 January 2024, 02:29 AM   #1
SN2354
"TRF" Member

AP RO's on Straps w/Small Wrist- Deployant Issues?

Hi All!

I am not an AP owner (yet) although I have had many Rolex over the years due to their excellent fit on my smaller 6.3" wrist. I know, borderline girl wrist, but that is what I have to deal with.

I am currently looking at the 37mm or 39mm RO line, in rose gold, on leather, which is not available to try on at AD, and likely I will go with an older model so I am honestly taking a shot in the dark here.

At any rate, the last AP I tried on was the 15400 which had an OEM leather conversion strap. Watch itself was too big for me, but this one I tried with a strap that has the large "AP" deployant clasp (as opposed to the thumbnail type)

At any rate, the inner "blade" goes the opposite way of my Rolex and it was extremely uncomfortable. Basically if the longer side of the blade is at 12 o'clock, on the AP it was towards 6 o'clock.

The strap was slightly too large for me anyways, but I am just curious if other people have this note as well, and how it could be fixed?

Maybe this gives you an idea as to what I am talking about, how the blade goes towards 6 o'clock

SN2354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2024, 02:57 AM   #2
Dukes_06
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126715
Once the strap breaks in and softens up it will get better. I have a 15500or and had the same issue with the deployant being very uncomfortable (6.7in wrist) that I almost gave up. With a rubber strap i recommend a Horus, they are very soft. The RubberB looks nicer but is more rigid.
Dukes_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2024, 03:12 AM   #3
SN2354
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes_06 View Post
Once the strap breaks in and softens up it will get better. I have a 15500or and had the same issue with the deployant being very uncomfortable (6.7in wrist) that I almost gave up. With a rubber strap i recommend a Horus, they are very soft. The RubberB looks nicer but is more rigid.
Thank you. I was actually looking at AP Bands as they have it sized (would go size small)

My main problem here is the inner blade, if you see it goes the opposite direction of any Rolex I ever wore. My only idea would be to swap the straps so it is reversed, but the buckle would then be upside down on the exterior. Might not be a big deal, just wish I could try it on and see....
SN2354 is offline   Reply With Quote