The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 March 2024, 11:44 AM   #1
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

First experience with integrated rubber - Tudor Heritage Chrono

As some of the folks here may recall I recently acquired this Tudor 70330b. I am still liking the watch a lot, however it is definitely on the heavier side when worn on the bracelet. I just so happened to find someone selling an Everest rubber strap for my exact model on eBay and was able to pick it up for less than half I would’ve paid buying it new.

Having read a bit about these integrated rubber straps, I did not expect installation to go smoothly. I picked up a pair of Horofix springbar tweezers (also on eBay) so I would hopefully have better tools for the job. I was very pleased at the outset as using the tweezers I was able to remove the bracelet with absolutely zero issues whatsoever. Unfortunately the installation of the rubber strap was another matter entirely. I fought with this thing for a solid half hour before I was able to get it securely installed. Fortunately I am not on the anal side when it comes to scratches because I most definitely left some “love” marks on the lugs. Nothing too crazy, but I certainly left some souvenirs behind. However at last, success.

The fact that it was a right bastard to install aside, I am very pleased with how this has made the unique dial of my “Monte Carlo” pop even more (imho). It has also made the watch significantly lighter. Despite wearing the strap slightly loose, the watch head stays centered on my wrist and doesn’t move around much at all. I think this is how this one is going to stay from now on. Partly because I really like how it makes the watch wear, partly because I never want to have to install this thing on the watch ever again.

mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 12:03 PM   #2
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO TUNA
This is one watch that I always thought looked best on its fabric strap. Even the original Tudor promo film shot in Monaco showed it on the fabric not steel.
Old 12 March 2024, 12:11 PM   #3
shredace
"TRF" Member

I’ve always liked the look of that Tudor reference and it looks great on the matching blue rubber. Very cool looking watch.
shredace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 10:19 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great looking watch and one that is in my collection. I like the NATO and the bracelet and tried a Rubber B strap before but went back to the bracelet. Enjoy.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 March 2024, 10:32 PM   #5
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Nice combo, Matthew!

I was lucky enough to be at Baselworld 2013 when this beauty was released. It was a big year for blue as the Batman was released as well.

Decided to go a slightly different route using a Benetto Cinturini 400 and smarty jones end links.
dP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRF THC BC.jpg (203.8 KB, 206 views)
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 02:52 AM   #6
mgsooner
"TRF" Member

Thanks everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
This is one watch that I always thought looked best on its fabric strap. Even the original Tudor promo film shot in Monaco showed it on the fabric not steel.
Agreed Adam, I like the look of the fabric strap on this one quite a bit. The only thing I don't like about the fabric strap is how the spring bars are actually woven into the strap. While I would find this to be a really neat design on many watches, with the "slab" quality of the case of this one the fact that the strap does not loop up above the spring bar visually accentuates the thickness of the case (to me). However I like the look of the fabric strap so much I seriously considered contacting Erika's Originals to inquire if they could custom make me an MN strap that looks exactly like the Tudor OEM strap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Nice combo, Matthew!

I was lucky enough to be at Baselworld 2013 when this beauty was released. It was a big year for blue as the Batman was released as well.

Decided to go a slightly different route using a Benetto Cinturini 400 and smarty jones end links.
dP
That looks fantastic Dan and I'm sure quite a bit easier to install than this blasted Everest one was!
mgsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 06:41 AM   #7
serpentine009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Nice combo, Matthew!

dP
Hi, what end links did you use? I can only seem to find for Rolex.
serpentine009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2024, 10:49 PM   #8
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Looks good. Well done!
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2024, 01:26 AM   #9
Mattk11
"TRF" Member

This is an awesome looking watch and it really looks good on the Rubber strap. I had one for a while, but it was just too big for me.
Mattk11 is offline   Reply With Quote