The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 18 March 2024, 01:27 AM   #1
Rowdywatches
"TRF" Member

Legit seller?

Is Grailzee a legit website. I have bid in on a submariner and want your thoughts? Thanks
Rowdywatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 03:08 AM   #2
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Welcome!

I would buy from one of our wonderful trusted sellers. You can get just about anything and piece of mind. Hope you stick around, this is an enjoyable forum :).
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 03:15 AM   #3
GrailTime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdywatches View Post
Is Grailzee a legit website. I have bid in on a submariner and want your thoughts? Thanks
It is legit. Plenty of guarantees and an escrow in place.

The issue is, most listings on Grailzee have a reserve and you dont know what that reserve is. Therefore, most items dont sell.

Also, bear in mind, that the BUYER has to pay 5% to Grailzee + state sales tax on a purchase.

At least with ebay, you dont pay a fee to ebay for buying.
GrailTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 03:18 AM   #4
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
It’s legit but I would not buy from them for all the reasons listed above. Often the reserves are astronomical and they don’t sell plus I’m not paying a buyers fee…buy from a trusted and vetted seller here, there are plenty and you get the watch typically next day.
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 03:53 AM   #5
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Funny! Don’t buy out in the jungle. Just by the common watch that you were looking for from one of the incredibly well reputed trusted sellers on this forum. Sleep at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2024, 04:01 AM   #6
av1atic
"TRF" Member

I have transacted several watches on Grailzee without issue. It’s an up and coming platform created by a couple of watch enthusiasts who sold a previous company. The team is very helpful and their intentions are in the right place.

My biggest advice as with any marketplace is to buy the seller, but also as mentioned above, the “reserve not met” issue is very real on Grailzee. What you can do in that case is look for “master deal maker” tags which highlight sellers who have successfully ended auctions with sales. Regarding the buyers premium, it’s a nice way to lock bidders in so they don’t bail on the deal post-auction (giving sellers peace of mind - it’s a two way street). Also the premium gets factored in by bidders so you’ll typically see watches sell for a bit below market value as that gets factored in.

Hope this helps - I have no affiliation but hate seeing close minded people knock something new/innovative.
av1atic is offline   Reply With Quote