The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 March 2024, 06:44 AM   #1
Navin Johnson
"TRF" Member

Three years with my 41mm Sub date

Another year has gone by with my 41mm Sub date as my daily wear go to watch. The only time this watch is not being worn is when Im wearing my Omega NTTD Seamaster a few weeks out of the year. It has held up incredibly and still looks as sharp as the day I bought it. So, how is the accuracy after three years of wear? Right now I’m getting approximately .25 seconds fast per day. Unreal for a mechanical watch. This is truly an iconic watch and I’m very fortunate to have one. I look forward to my next adventure with this watch, which is probably another Colorado 14er this summer. Have a great weekend everyone!!
Navin Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 09:07 AM   #2
DoubleDeac
"TRF" Member

This is good to hear. I recently got mine and I have been wondering what other’s perspectives are after having worn it for some time.

How did the case and bracelet hold up? Lots of scratches and dings?
DoubleDeac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 11:04 AM   #3
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
I’ve had mine for 4 months now and I’m surprised at how little the bracelet is scratched up. My BB58 was a mess after two months.
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 11:46 AM   #4
Navin Johnson
"TRF" Member

There are surprisingly little scratches on the bracelet and minor scratching on the polished sides of the case. I don’t baby my watch but I do try to avoid scratches when possible. Oddly enough, my Explorer I bracelet was scratched a lot more after only two years of wear. Not sure why the difference between the two.
Old 30 March 2024, 02:09 PM   #5
seand442
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610
I’m a little over the 4 year mark with mine and it’s on average, -.5 second a day. My bracelet does have a number of scratches, but I’ve worn it for everything from scuba diving to hiking and everything in between. I didn’t buy it to baby it.
Old 30 March 2024, 02:42 PM   #6
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
I’ve had my sub41 for about 3 years now. It’s a great watch and keeps phenomenal time, but I’m also bored with it. I realize I’m in the minority, but it’s just so plain. I often think about flipping it towards a ceramic Pepsi or a LV. My blue omega smp wave gets more wrist time than the sub. Even my 16710 with the black insert popped in is less boring. To be honest, picking up my chnr ruined my sub for me. Maybe my preferences are just changing with time. To each is own I suppose. Thanks for listening to me rant. My lady friend doesn’t get it lol.

To the OP, enjoy urs in good health!
WS9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 09:38 PM   #7
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
It's a great daily and holds up to anything.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 09:40 PM   #8
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Good to hear It’s a great all rounder
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 10:05 PM   #9
1William
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great watch. I have the 124060 and could not like it more.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 12:32 AM   #10
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Great to hear it’s getting plenty of wrist time
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 10:35 AM   #11
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I've had my TT Sub41 for 3 1/2 years. I wear it a lot, about 3 times a week. Still very accurate at - 1 s/d when worn and close to 0 s/d on average (resting horizontal). Terrific piece, never disappoints me.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 11:15 AM   #12
Navin Johnson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadweller View Post
I've had my TT Sub41 for 3 1/2 years. I wear it a lot, about 3 times a week. Still very accurate at - 1 s/d when worn and close to 0 s/d on average (resting horizontal). Terrific piece, never disappoints me.
I’m looking to add the Bluesy in the near future. It’s hard to beat a good dive watch, and the TT looks awesome.
Old 31 March 2024, 11:18 AM   #13
Navin Johnson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seand442 View Post
I’m a little over the 4 year mark with mine and it’s on average, -.5 second a day. My bracelet does have a number of scratches, but I’ve worn it for everything from scuba diving to hiking and everything in between. I didn’t buy it to baby it.
That’s awesome! I enjoy wearing my Sub everyday and everywhere I go.
Old 31 March 2024, 11:15 PM   #14
themacman
"TRF" Member

cant go wrong with a sub.
themacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 01:38 AM   #15
1911 Man
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub date
I've had my 126610LN for a little over two years. I was able to get it from my AD after an 18 month wait. I had previously owned a 114060, and found I much preferred the 12 series over the 11 series for size and dimensions. It does lose about 2 seconds a day (first mechanical watch I've owned that runs slow, and I find it does bother me). Despite this, I loved everything about it until a few months ago, when I had a chat with a stranger I bumped into in New England. I was wearing my sub, and he was wearing his, but his was a 16610, which was the first Sub I fell in love with clear back in 2004, before the ceramic bezel Sub was even introduced. I've always preferred the look of the 5 digit subs over either 6 digit versions, and for the last few months I've found myself contemplating selling mine to fund a 5 digit Sub. They say comparison is the thief of joy, and in my case, that is true.
For reasons I won't list here I don't wear my watch to work, but have worn it traveling quite a bit. I'm happy to say that when I actually wear it, I do still love it. I'll most likely keep it.
1911 Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 01:47 AM   #16
agriculture&watches
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
Great watch! Enjoy it for many more years
agriculture&watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 02:03 AM   #17
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911 Man View Post
I've had my 126610LN for a little over two years. I was able to get it from my AD after an 18 month wait. I had previously owned a 114060, and found I much preferred the 12 series over the 11 series for size and dimensions. It does lose about 2 seconds a day (first mechanical watch I've owned that runs slow, and I find it does bother me). Despite this, I loved everything about it until a few months ago, when I had a chat with a stranger I bumped into in New England. I was wearing my sub, and he was wearing his, but his was a 16610, which was the first Sub I fell in love with clear back in 2004, before the ceramic bezel Sub was even introduced. I've always preferred the look of the 5 digit subs over either 6 digit versions, and for the last few months I've found myself contemplating selling mine to fund a 5 digit Sub. They say comparison is the thief of joy, and in my case, that is true.
For reasons I won't list here I don't wear my watch to work, but have worn it traveling quite a bit. I'm happy to say that when I actually wear it, I do still love it. I'll most likely keep it.
I’m at the stage where I want to keep my six digit and buy a five digit. They feel totally different on the wrist and look quite different as well.
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 02:10 AM   #18
Besttime
Banned

It's great to hear
Mine is getting enough wrist time.
Besttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 07:18 AM   #19
S7gpt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610ln YM37 wife
had mine over 2 years, never off my wrist and been everywhere including diving, water parks, theme parks & gardening - still looks great and keeps fantastic time around -.05s a day - I was worried about the suggestions the 3235 can cause problems but up until seeing this post haven't give it a second thought for probably a year now cause it just works :)
S7gpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 08:28 AM   #20
Navin Johnson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S7gpt View Post
had mine over 2 years, never off my wrist and been everywhere including diving, water parks, theme parks & gardening - still looks great and keeps fantastic time around -.05s a day - I was worried about the suggestions the 3235 can cause problems but up until seeing this post haven't give it a second thought for probably a year now cause it just works :)
Same here. After reading about potential issues with the 32xx movements I was cautious about how well the movement would perform, but I have had nothing but superb accuracy. Glad to hear you’re also getting great performance out of your Sub!