The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 17 June 2024, 02:30 AM   #1
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Swedish Members - LuxuryWatches-SE

I'm thinking of flying to Stockholm to purchase a couple of watches from luxurywatches.se

I'm in the process of doing my due-diligence on this company, primarily for trust, good service and that they do all the necessary checks to prevent stolen or fraudulent sales.

Do any Swedish members have experience of buying from them or thoughts on these guys?

Much appreciated
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2024, 02:54 AM   #2
Tallbark
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post
I'm thinking of flying to Stockholm to purchase a couple of watches from luxurywatches.se

I'm in the process of doing my due-diligence on this company, primarily for trust, good service and that they do all the necessary checks to prevent stolen or fraudulent sales.

Do any Swedish members have experience of buying from them or thoughts on these guys?

Much appreciated
I have bought many many watches from them during the last 10 years. Not a single problem - you can buy with full confidence. Prices are a bit high, somtimes very high as I see it and there is a very limited possibility to get discounts. But in all - service and confidence makes up for sometimes rather high prices.

Erik from Sweden
Tallbark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2024, 03:04 AM   #3
shammad10
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post

Much appreciated
Out of interest, what is it about them that makes you want to fly out and buy from them? Everything I see on their site can be had significantly cheaper in the UK!
Have they got something rare that you're after?
shammad10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2024, 03:45 AM   #4
foxytimes
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD/DAY/GMT
I have been there from abroad and I can highly recommend them. As mentioned before prices are relatively steep depending on the model.

In my experience their watches are in excellent condition generally. Something that helps especially if you are in the market for a special configuration that you won't find easily in the same condition elsewhere.

Apart from watches Stockholm is great. Enjoy a drink in the Swedish sun to celebrate your new conquest. It's also easy to get there from the airport. With the Arlanda express train and a short walk from the central station you will make it in around half an hour to their store.

♛16018 purple roman / ♛16710 sel faded / ♛18038 ruby baguette / ♛18238 myriad gray / ♛18248 blue roman / ♛18248 stick champagne / ♛18349BIC stick white / ♛116505 ivory
foxytimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2024, 05:52 AM   #5
Torshalla
"TRF" Member

I would also vouch for them. I live in Stockholm and eventhough i have not yet bought from them, i have sold them a watch and tried a few watches there. Always well received.

Stockholm is a beautiful city too :)

And our currency (SEK) is worthless now so enjoy a lower cost version of Stockholm whilst that lasts :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Torshalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2024, 09:08 PM   #6
bp1000
"TRF" Member

Thank you guys I really appreciate it.

Regarding the question on why them and not buy from UK, its a couple of Patek's I'm interested in that I've been waiting for, for a long time. A few have come up for sale in the UK but both have been below average condition or a silly price.

Does Sweden charge any additional taxes at point of sale, on top of the listed sale prices?
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote