The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 June 2024, 03:43 AM   #1
georgew
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: mostly Subs
Heard at AD visit today

Stopped in at my AD this morning to drop off my 14060 for service (been in the daily rotation for 14 yrs and starting to show it - but still runs acceptably). Over the winter they serviced my 16610LN which turned out superb. I hadn;t been here in a number of months so also wanted to check where I was on the 126610LN list - so my SA took me to the rolex display (maybe 20 watches there). As I was confirming my wish list priorities he said datejusts were still orderable, and he said they recently heard that 40mm yachtmasters would soon be orderable as well. I also was told the sub date I wanted would be along sometime this year.

Interesting as I thought someone else had reported that even datejusts were no longer orderable? Anyway, found the orderable comments worth sharing.
georgew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2024, 03:59 AM   #2
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Just nabbed a RG 40mm YM for the wifey. "it's happening"
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2024, 04:20 AM   #3
0nly5iv3Digits
"TRF" Member

Watch: What is "watch"?
Tough year for the luxury watch market. Not really surprised, but glad to see it!
Old 18 June 2024, 04:22 AM   #4
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMP mast
Agree tide is turning somewhat but some ADs will do all they can, for as long as they can to maintain the status quo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2024, 04:23 AM   #5
CHRONOLEX
2024 Pledge Member

Only things I've been offered in last 12 months were WG Sub 4 times total, WG YM42, YG YM42, mint SS DJ, RG DD40 with olive dial and diamond bezel, various YG DD40. Nothing I actually wanted.
CHRONOLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2024, 04:43 AM   #6
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Heard at AD visit today

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgew View Post
Stopped in at my AD this morning to drop off my 14060 for service (been in the daily rotation for 14 yrs and starting to show it - but still runs acceptably). Over the winter they serviced my 16610LN which turned out superb. I hadn;t been here in a number of months so also wanted to check where I was on the 126610LN list - so my SA took me to the rolex display (maybe 20 watches there). As I was confirming my wish list priorities he said datejusts were still orderable, and he said they recently heard that 40mm yachtmasters would soon be orderable as well. I also was told the sub date I wanted would be along sometime this year.

Interesting as I thought someone else had reported that even datejusts were no longer orderable? Anyway, found the orderable comments worth sharing.

There was a short period of time, around Christmas last year, when they halted the ability to order Datejusts in specific configurations, but it was very temporary. Ordering a Datejust has been around for quite a while. It’s called an intent to purchase order, and generally requires a sizable deposit.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2024, 09:34 AM   #7
tacotaco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 Black, DD40
DD 40 RG are becoming more available as a whole
tacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2024, 11:01 AM   #8
rohada
"TRF" Member

Earlier this year my SA asked if I wanted a YM because they were coming in more frequently with less buyers for them. I asked which one and she said most any one I wanted. I didn't, so I told her no. I guess the YM list for this AD is not too deep. Nice watches, just not on my list.
Old 18 June 2024, 11:28 AM   #9
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
I have been saying they are coming out with a new 40mm YM. I wonder if they are trying to sell them all before discontinued?
Old 18 June 2024, 11:47 AM   #10
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Not in my market, nothing available and the high demand story from all of them
All the Ads are no good. You should hear some of the stories I am told?
I glad to hear that some of us are getting what they want.

I’m hoping the nonsense ends soon.

Cheers all
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2024, 12:10 PM   #11
stark1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/ALS/Omega
From what I know across several AD's in different locations, ordering and placing a deposit is location by location. Rolex "blesses" how the AD wants to operate one way or the other. There's no blanket rule across all AD's.
stark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2024, 04:23 PM   #12
colonelpurple
2024 Pledge Member

I have been offered sub bluesy and black bi, airking, bi yacht masters, sky dwellers and plenty more just on walk in to my few dealers. I am hoping for an eventual return to 2016 when even GMTs were on display.

Interestingly I was offered swapping my bi datejust for a sub bluesy paying a reasonable difference, but decided I like the datejust better, more co-ordinated look and the bluesy more garish. It was all about the hype of the sub that captivated me but I shook it off. On the waiting list for a deepsea and will probably pick up a Tudor Black Bay monochrome and then I am done for diving watches :)
colonelpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2024, 09:17 PM   #13
Bald Angus
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41, 126334-0017
I ordered a DJ 41 in early March and paid a 50% deposit. I received my order six weeks later. My AD told me they were allowed to order DJ but no other model. I’m currently on a wait list for a no-date sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bald Angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 12:15 AM   #14
PenDelicate
"TRF" Member

Watch: Just a Daytona
Excellent news!

A watch-market where you can buy (or order, it the wait-time is short) the Rolex you want sounds more healthy than the interminable "Exhibition-only" of today.
PenDelicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 12:19 AM   #15
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Good luck George, I hope you land the Sub date soon
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 03:40 AM   #16
Calatrava r

Watch: Rolex and Patek
If Rolex is to maintain its current level of sales it has got to expand its customer base beyond collectors of SS sports watches. When DJs were no longer available to the general public, broad demand narrowed. Rolex needs to make DJs available to the general public, that group of people who maybe buy one watch to wear for a lifetime or as a special occasion gift. They apparently understand this. They also realize the collector demand could dry up quickly if the softening of used prices continues its current down trend.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 04:40 AM   #17
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
This is an interesting thread, I took a look at the Exp 1 36 market and several of the pieces selling used right now are under retail. This is probably the first time I've seen a SS model sell below retail since my initial interest in Rolex.
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 05:25 AM   #18
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
that's correct
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 05:59 AM   #19
Barada7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Really curious about the suggestion that you might be able to order the Yacht Master soon. If it’s true for the steel models then that’d be a big jump in terms of availability.
Barada7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 06:05 AM   #20
explorer42
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgew View Post

Depends on the AD. Some are more disingenuous than others
explorer42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 06:47 AM   #21
goldboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116500
Rules are loosening due to the high rates finally taking effect.
goldboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 07:34 AM   #22
Rolexatlast
"TRF" Member

I ordered a s/s DJ last August for a Christmas present, and it arrived early December.

Also, I received a call last week asking if I’d be interested in another s/s DJ that had just come in.

So, they seem readily available
Rolexatlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2024, 09:21 AM   #23
bkay001
2024 Pledge Member

Exciting news about the 40mm Yachtmasters potentially becoming orderable soon. It's always nice to hear about new options coming up. Thanks for sharing this update from your visit to the AD!
bkay001 is offline   Reply With Quote