The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 June 2024, 08:19 PM   #1
Aceholio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Palm Fronds!
Tudor BB58 18ct Gold

Yes, I am one of the few people that actually want to buy this watch. I love the proportions of my stainless bb58 and I love the all brushed gold on the bracelet/case of the new piece. I also agree that 32k msrp is overpriced but the heart wants what the heart wants...

Anyways, has anyone seen the full gold on bracelet piece at an AD yet? I was under the impression that these would end up trading much lower on the secondary market. That being said, I haven't seen any for sale online, just listings stock photos. Should I just bite the bullet and go through my AD or do you think they will be widely available in a few months? I don't want to miss the boat on this one.
Aceholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 08:22 PM   #2
fooey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few now!
None on the secondary market yet cause they probably ain't sold one yet!

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
fooey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 08:22 PM   #3
Roddypeepa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 SubC SMPCcoax
There is one on c24 that allegedly has gold bracelet but no photos up yet. £23k gbp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roddypeepa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 09:09 PM   #4
Know1isgod
"TRF" Member

If you decide full price at retail, I would say enjoy your watch and and not give 2 cents about anything else.
Know1isgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 09:50 PM   #5
93vtech
"TRF" Member

Id recommend you buy the watch used online (for like 7 to 10k.) Some AD's are selling the bracelet new around the 10 to 12k range.
93vtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 09:52 PM   #6
93vtech
"TRF" Member

I paid about 7k for mine. Added some custom endlinks/buckle....and never looked back
93vtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 09:57 PM   #7
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I have not seen this watch at my AD nor have I inquired about it. My AD had the gold on the strap since introduction and it sat in the case for years. When I inquired about it they said full retail, no discounts. The watch sat there so long the price increased several times and I asked if I could have it for the original retail because there cost was from the original date they purchased the watch and all I got was an eye roll. I typically don't say disparaging things about others watches and purchases but do yourself a favor and pass on this one. Tudor is way out of its lane with this one and you can buy a slightly owned 11 series YG Submariner for what this watch costs. I would think they you will have difficulty selling or trading this watch for much more than half of retail. This is not what Tudor does well. Good luck.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 10:14 PM   #8
Lightsped
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, OP41, DJ x 4
I'd say if the funds permit, and you like the watch. Go for it. What I appreciate about this piece is that it is something different. A nice change from the usual Subs/GMTs....
Lightsped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2024, 10:22 PM   #9
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I have not seen this watch at my AD nor have I inquired about it. My AD had the gold on the strap since introduction and it sat in the case for years. When I inquired about it they said full retail, no discounts. The watch sat there so long the price increased several times and I asked if I could have it for the original retail because there cost was from the original date they purchased the watch and all I got was an eye roll. I typically don't say disparaging things about others watches and purchases but do yourself a favor and pass on this one. Tudor is way out of its lane with this one and you can buy a slightly owned 11 series YG Submariner for what this watch costs. I would think they you will have difficulty selling or trading this watch for much more than half of retail. This is not what Tudor does well. Good luck.
Truth!

William knows his stuff. Take his advice.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 12:20 AM   #10
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
If you want this watch, keep looking. One will turn up. It might be worth a call to one of our trusted sellers. Ask him to find you one.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 12:32 AM   #11
Aceholio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I agree for the most part. I definitely don't want to give my AD the satisfaction of buying from them as they've been a nightmare to deal with over the years. I have thought about a vintage yg sub but I really would need it to be waterproof as I spend much time in and around the ocean. I also like the "under the radar" look of the bb58 (brushed, smaller, less presence etc). The added feature of a glidelock type adjustment on the bb58 is one more step up on an older sub.

That is all to say that I don't buy watches thinking about resale value or investment as I keep and wear them. At this point, I prefer to buy grey as the AD's of the world have completely lost me. It sounds like I should check in 6 months from now and hopefully find a deal then. Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated.
Old 26 June 2024, 12:47 AM   #12
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceholio View Post
I agree for the most part. I definitely don't want to give my AD the satisfaction of buying from them as they've been a nightmare to deal with over the years. I have thought about a vintage yg sub but I really would need it to be waterproof as I spend much time in and around the ocean. I also like the "under the radar" look of the bb58 (brushed, smaller, less presence etc). The added feature of a glidelock type adjustment on the bb58 is one more step up on an older sub.

That is all to say that I don't buy watches thinking about resale value or investment as I keep and wear them. At this point, I prefer to buy grey as the AD's of the world have completely lost me. It sounds like I should check in 6 months from now and hopefully find a deal then. Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated.
Amen

I feel the same way. I literally don't even bother going to Rolex ADs anymore. If I want a Rolex I go grey.

I think you should keep an eye out for a preowned model. There aren't many out there but I believe you could save a lot of money if you do find one.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 03:53 AM   #13
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
I was in the Tudor boutique in Toronto this past Saturday hoping to see one. Orlando has not had one yet. They told me in Toronto that they have no plans on getting one and will not stock it. That for them and most boutiques it will only be ordered for a serious buyer. I always liked the gold model on the strap. But I know they sell very slow.

Got to see the new pink dial chrono. It had already been sold and was only for display and no handling. Was the only one in so far. After seeing it it’s not a watch I would buy.
Kinnakeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2024, 11:13 AM   #14
Mick006
"TRF" Member

I like this watch, but def not for 32k. I would wait for a used one and save yourself 15k.

I appreciate that Tudor brushed the metal.
Old 28 June 2024, 01:33 AM   #15
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
Did you see the render video for the bracelet? It has hollow links. Not cool Tudor. Personally I would get the gold Sub over this every day of the week but if you want it with that brushed look then as others have said be patient and buy grey once a few are out there.
Old 28 June 2024, 02:21 AM   #16
2ltdjorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
honestly life is short. if you want get it. it looks great. likely won't see the masses wearing.

the forum would be a lot more interesting if folks just bought what they wanted, rather than following the "popular" choices.

connect it to a milestone or memory and it will be a treasure.

First GTG El Paso Nov 2016, WISCON 2019.

Would rather be on the river, somewhere.
2ltdjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 02:26 AM   #17
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

I don't think you'll be missing the boat if you hang back and wait to see how far the price drops, if it drops. I like it a lot but full gold doesn't go well with me and as you say, it's far too expensive at MSRP.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 03:44 AM   #18
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose 104 View Post
Did you see the render video for the bracelet? It has hollow links. Not cool Tudor. Personally I would get the gold Sub over this every day of the week but if you want it with that brushed look then as others have said be patient and buy grey once a few are out there.
That’s disappointing
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 05:42 AM   #19
Mr Ben
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
I thought the same about the Sedna gold aqua terra on blue rubber. They’re about £21k at retail which is crazy. It’s taken years but I’m finally starting to see a few used examples appear at 30%-40% under retail.

I guess this one will be the same - I suppose the original buyers at retail were buying to keep longer term given there’s certainly nothing to gain from selling them.
Mr Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 06:04 AM   #20
reposado
"TRF" Member

I love Tudor watches but really struggle to see who is buying these. As others have said, a gold Submariner is the obvious play here. The appeal of Tudor is it’s relative affordability, which is certainly lost on this piece.
reposado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 09:20 AM   #21
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by reposado View Post
I love Tudor watches but really struggle to see who is buying these. As others have said, a gold Submariner is the obvious play here. The appeal of Tudor is it’s relative affordability, which is certainly lost on this piece.
This.

Tudor is what Rolex used to be 20 years ago. If you want Rolex is today, well, buy a Rolex.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2024, 07:39 PM   #22
Aceholio
"TRF" Member

I am going to buy it. I own 2 modern subs. They are quite different than the size of the bb58. Disappointing to hear about the hollow links, maybe that will drive the price down more! Sure, the ideal situation would be a 4 digit gold sub with glidelock and service that guarantees water resistance. They don't exist soo idk. I have other PM pieces.

Unfortunately, I do like this one and will be buying it regardless. I appreciate the feedback that talked me off the ledge of going and begging my AD for yet another piece that may or may not show up. I'm going to wait 6 months and check in again on the gray market. Hopefully, a few are available and I'll be able to snag it then.
Old 28 June 2024, 10:14 PM   #23
Know1isgod
"TRF" Member

I do like this one and will be buying it regardless. [/QUOTE]

Whoop there it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Know1isgod is offline   Reply With Quote