The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 July 2024, 07:11 AM   #1
exp90
"TRF" Member

Stolen! DJ 36 126231 - RG, Oyster, Fluter, MoP/diamond dial - UK - serial S4585644

Hi all

A Datejust 36 has been stolen from a friend who is desperately trying to find where it could be surfacing for sale - or locate anyone who may have had it show up. If anyone reads this and happens to have seen it, had it presented for sale, or has any good advice on how best to help - I would enormously appreciate it!

Here are some details of the watch:
  • Stolen in UK
  • 2023 Datejust 36mm Everose Gold, Oyster bracelet, Fluted bezel, Mother of pearl with diamond set dial
  • Serial: S4585644
  • Box, papers and watch were stolen together
  • Immaculate condition, so no unique marks
  • Stock picture of the attached

My friend suspects who it was, but, Police have said they unable to make enquiries as there is no hard evidence to substantiate the suspicion. The suspect was working in her house, and suddenly wanted to leave - within a few hours it became known the watch was missing from its hiding place. Shortly after tracking the individual on social media, they had been posting stories on social media showing off lavish new purchases.

My friend has insurance so will be able to make a claim - and the shop it was purchased from (WoS) are gratefully helping. If anyone has any advice - or miraculously happens to have had this watch presented to them - please reply or get in touch!!

Thanks all
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 22.06.26.png (198.2 KB, 437 views)
exp90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2024, 07:20 AM   #2
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
Good to see it’s at least covered by insurance. Trying to figure out where it might end up is a little harder maybe try the usual online places online (eBay and gumtree)and definitely check Facebook for sale adverts
996marty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 July 2024, 07:31 PM   #3
exp90
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 996marty View Post
Good to see it’s at least covered by insurance. Trying to figure out where it might end up is a little harder maybe try the usual online places online (eBay and gumtree)and definitely check Facebook for sale adverts
Thanks - nothing so far :(
Old 14 July 2024, 09:29 PM   #4
exp90
"TRF" Member

bump in case anyone else can help
Old 15 July 2024, 01:31 AM   #5
theparry
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Tudor
Sorry to hear. Might be worth getting them to register the watch as stolen on The Watch Register.
theparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 01:39 AM   #6
Lever Escapement
"TRF" Member

What social media avenues have they been using ? Any particular one ?
I'd never buy anything of any of these cockroaches, but I'm always looking out of curiosity.
Lever Escapement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 04:04 AM   #7
doc212121
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry to hear
doc212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 July 2024, 04:59 AM   #8
exp90
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theparry View Post
Sorry to hear. Might be worth getting them to register the watch as stolen on The Watch Register.
Thanks a lot - was not aware of this!
Old 15 July 2024, 05:04 AM   #9
exp90
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lever Escapement View Post
What social media avenues have they been using ? Any particular one ?
I'd never buy anything of any of these cockroaches, but I'm always looking out of curiosity.
Thanks for the wishes above

The person suspected to have stolen it has suddenly been posting stories on Facebook showing high cost fashion purchases - seems clear it’s correlated to selling the watch, but without linking the watch to a shop/dealer, it’s technically speculation. No idea how many shops you can sell such a watch discreetly over the counter in London, without being able to verify you were the original buyer with original receipt. But it hasn’t shown up online from searches as yet, so perhaps it was sold over the counter for cash. Equally curious if it can ever be tracked down.
Old 16 July 2024, 06:24 AM   #10
exp90
"TRF" Member

For anyone interested, nothing has shown up online - suspect too soon - but this shows clearly that they can go missing and stay off the radar very easily. Insurance is important, so if you dont have insurance for yours, think about that carefully.
Old 16 July 2024, 06:33 AM   #11
Lalo007
"TRF" Member

They dont have to post it online. They can pawn it or they can sell it to small jewelry stores, if I were you I would just make peace with it and move on. If it gets serviced at Rolex then you might get it back but that might also be a challenge. Take your insurance money and put it towards another one or just save your cash. The hype is over anyway.
Lalo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 July 2024, 06:36 AM   #12
exp90
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalo007 View Post
They dont have to post it online. They can pawn it or they can sell it to small jewelry stores, if I were you I would just make peace with it and move on. If it gets serviced at Rolex then you might get it back but that might also be a challenge. Take your insurance money and put it towards another one or just save your cash. The hype is over anyway.
Agree - its a friend I'm helping, rather than my own. I'm reflecting on what happened regardless, I expect it was sold over a counter rather than online, and marketed in a window again rather than online. Hence it'll never appear unless as you say, it crosses the right hands. Want to make sure the occurrence helps others consider insurance if they dont have it.