The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 12 August 2024, 03:39 PM   #1
jasond07
"TRF" Member

Icon13 Never gonna get the call

As title said, I feel like I’m never going to get the call.

I’ve expressed my interest in OP41 Green and Daytona Black dial since 2022, either is fine, for my wedding which is coming up in 3 months.

I’ve dealt with this AD since 2019 in which they had 2 locations. First location was very near to my place and I had a great relationship with the SA, got my 2 Datejusts, Milgauss, Batman, Paul Newman Daytona (yellow gold red hand), two Cartier tanks for me and missus. This location then closed in late 2022 and then I was transferred to another store, met with new SA, very nice and friendly. As we all know to get desired models, some games must be played (buy more watches and keep ongoing relationship) but this new SA assured that I dont need to get any other watches or jeweleries, just gotta wait. I checked in every 1-2 months or so and expressed that as my wedding is getting closer I’m worried this may not happen at all, SA said it’s out of her hand, because the exec/manager does the allocation.

I’m very confused, am I being a clown and being led on for 2 years knowing that they’ll never give me a watch that I want? SA could have told me to buy some other things or at least gives me an expectation like my original SA did. Not shitting on the current SA but I just dont understand why. Black Daytona being difficult is understandable but OP41 Green, 2 years wait for this is a slap to the face.

Has anyone experienced this before?
jasond07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 04:32 PM   #2
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Sounds like you have a great collection, already, so I’m not sure what you have to complain about. If you don’t have your wedding watch within the next month or so, just call a trusted seller here.

Kat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 05:28 PM   #3
Guppydriver

Watch: 126710BLNR 226570
Don’t let the entry level moniker fool you. The OP green is very difficult to get. I’m not sure each AD gets a whole lot to allocate even if they wanted to.

I hope you do get the call though and I validate your frustration.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 05:35 PM   #4
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Maybe the SA is waiting for a wedding invite
Jokes aside, when the SA says it is out of their hands ....time to move on.
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 06:06 PM   #5
dandy
"TRF" Member

To be honest the OP used to be hard but now i find them all over the auctions and resellers at my region, shocked and confused
dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 06:09 PM   #6
tommm
"TRF" Member

It’s shit, but in reality although you’ve bought some very nice pieces, it’s still short compared to others who are probably on the Daytona list.

The green OP I’m sure you are high up on but they just don’t have that many in circulation I was told.

Really with the Daytona, you’re just gonna have to go grey, and then if one does come up for you, move the grey on, buy from the AD and it won’t be as big a hit on the wallet.
tommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 06:15 PM   #7
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasond07 View Post
I’m very confused, am I being a clown and being led on for 2 years knowing that they’ll never give me a watch that I want?
If you know they'll never give you a watch that you want you are wasting your time.

Quote:
No. If my AD says I'm on the list I wait my turn. If I can't go on a list they tell me.

Sounds like you need another AD. I don't know what all these "games" are that many say they have to play. It sounds more like being played than playing.
Harry-57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 07:17 PM   #8
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
This happened to me. Or... is happening to me... My list is similar to yours on what i got allocated until 2022. then SA left and met new SA then crickets... CRICKETS.

Dunno. It's annoying.

Most tell me i don't need to buy more watches. But it works. So be a rebel and keep playing.

Quote:

I’ve expressed my interest in OP41 Green and Daytona Black dial since 2022, either is fine, for my wedding which is coming up in 3 months.

I’ve dealt with this AD since 2019 in which they had 2 locations. First location was very near to my place and I had a great relationship with the SA, got my 2 Datejusts, Milgauss, Batman, Paul Newman Daytona (yellow gold red hand), two Cartier tanks for me and missus. This location then closed in late 2022 and then I was transferred to another store, met with new SA, very nice and friendly. As we all know to get desired models, some games must be played (buy more watches and keep ongoing relationship) but this new SA assured that I dont need to get any other watches or jeweleries, just gotta wait. I checked in every 1-2 months or so and expressed that as my wedding is getting closer I’m worried this may not happen at all, SA said it’s out of her hand, because the exec/manager does the allocation.

I’m very confused, am I being a clown and being led on for 2 years knowing that they’ll never give me a watch that I want? SA could have told me to buy some other things or at least gives me an expectation like my original SA did. Not shitting on the current SA but I just dont understand why. Black Daytona being difficult is understandable but OP41 Green, 2 years wait for this is a slap to the face.

SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 07:35 PM   #9
IGY
"TRF" Member

If getting one of these watches matters to you so much then I suggest that you try to politely ask the sales associate to introduce you to the sales manager and try to have a tea / coffee with them at the AD to explain your current collection. And you can introduce the wedding in case (s)he's not been warned about your event already.

But at the end of the day you are just asking about trivial watches, when - as the OP said - you already have a very nice collection, any of which you could wear to your wedding. And ultimately the day should be about your bride, your family, your friends and yourself. Not a watch.

As for the unavailability of Rolex watches... yes, it is frustrating. (But I am trying to sell one of my Rolex at the moment, so it isn't that frustrating. LOLs).
IGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 09:20 PM   #10
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
With 3 months to go till the big, I’d throw up the Hail Mary … be direct with your AD and ask if you expect to receive either watch before the big day as it’s fast approaching.

If you don’t like what you hear, and it’s really important for you to have either pice for the big day, then just go grey. You can buy one readily and have it next day if worse comes to worst
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 09:39 PM   #11
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
There is no such thing as a list in the traditional sense. The AD's do not move down a list to the next person and the next and so on. The AD's pick and choose who gets what watches and when. It can even come down to your SA and who they want to get a watch when the GM says they have a watch to sell to a client. There should be no frustration to this, just the acceptance of how it is. Not that we like it but it is what we have to deal with. The stories of why clients should move to the head of the front are never ending and a tired ploy that the AD's hear multiple time a day/week. If you want a watch then go in and meet with the GM and ask respectfully what your status is in regards to these watches. You will know based on the response and then make a decision as to continue to wait or look at our Trusted Sellers. I would go Trusted Seller and already be wearing the watch I wanted. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Last edited by 1William; 12 August 2024 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: spelling
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 10:14 PM   #12
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
Sounds to me like your relationship has started back at square one. I’d go grey if you really want a certain watch for your wedding
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 10:25 PM   #13
tommm
"TRF" Member

There isn’t and has never been a “list”. You register your interest and they decide whether to sell to you or to someone else
tommm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 10:56 PM   #14
Jasb
"TRF" Member

Around here the AD and SA are gods and you are to play the games they set or be punished. You’re being jerked around and have spent way too much money.
Jasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 11:01 PM   #15
Calatrava r

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Dealers hear these special event days requests all the time. I think they have gotten somewhat numb to them. The suggestion of inviting your AD to the wedding may be worth considering.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 11:07 PM   #16
D_Rolex
"TRF" Member

I would just remind them what you’ve purchased in the past… remind them you want a new piece for your wedding and it’s frustrating and you’re really thinking of going grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
D_Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 11:12 PM   #17
febie111
"TRF" Member

Here is one from a reputable Cnd seller https://www.timegold.ca/preowned/rol...ial-box-papers Forget the Rolex AD games,life is too short to waste your time.
febie111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 11:13 PM   #18
Titleistek
"TRF" Member

I can imagine how you feel. It’s so annoying and the fact that you have no idea if you’re getting it or not makes it worse. At this point I’d suggest you look somewhere else to source for the watches considering the fact that you have limited time before the BIG day!
Titleistek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2024, 11:19 PM   #19
EL Diablo
"TRF" Member

I'd go Grey and be done with it.
EL Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2024, 12:10 AM   #20
Gva1985
"TRF" Member

With your purchase history an OP for your wedding should be doable, Daytona is always trickier as it has to be vetted.. Maybe try to put a bit of pressure on your SA insisting you are a loyal customer, it’s a big event etc… have a green OP since June, wait was just a few months, cool watch, hope you get it on time

Gva1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2024, 12:37 AM   #21
aboutime
"TRF" Member

Good luck with the pieces you desire. And definitely don’t let a watch override what is an amazing day for the both of you. Congratulations.
aboutime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2024, 04:49 AM   #22
L_S_SHOE
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
You’ve spent plenty. It’s time to tell your current SA/AD that you’ll need to start looking elsewhere. You’re being honest and this is business. They (this SA and this manager) have done you no favors. Go spend your money somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
L_S_SHOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2024, 05:15 AM   #23
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
I'd be frustrated as well with you purchase history. The Daytona may never come but the Green OP should have been delivered by now. Tropical Watch her in the US has a couple of them, $10750 and $9850 if you want to skip the AD
Old 13 August 2024, 06:05 AM   #24
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:

Wow nice collection you got
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2024, 06:42 AM   #25
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
If you had gotten either watch on day one then you probably would have bought another Rolex by now, so take that saving and put it to buying your dream watch now for your big day, don't be held hostage in your own life story, you write the script, not them.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2024, 07:30 AM   #26
ian.thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
Don’t let the entry level moniker fool you. The OP green is very difficult to get.
True.

I told my dealer to keep me in mind for an OP green or Daytona black. He said the Daytona will come in first (not sure when that will be). He can get me a OP Celebration 41, but does not know when the next OP green 41 will come available; so I may be getting a the celebration first.

You're asking me how a watch works. For now, let’s just keep an eye on the time.
ian.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2024, 10:43 AM   #27
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
I went grey on a BLRO last year after waiting 4 years. Paid about $7k over retail+tax. Didn’t regret it for a second. I will probably go grey on a Daytona next. In the end, going grey is probably cheaper than buying a bunch of crap you don’t want, especially for a Daytona.
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2024, 10:53 AM   #28
teome
"TRF" Member

You're probably right. This close to the wedding date I'd look for a grey dealer if you really need it by then. There are several here that you can trust and have it in stock.
teome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2024, 02:28 PM   #29
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Make a an appointment and speak with the manager, and see how he or she responds?
Then you will really know if you have a chance. The green OP is hard to get, some ADs get only a few per year. Rolex does not make many of them? The Daytona is a different animal altogether especially in SS. But not impossible it depends on that manager.

You have a very nice collection already and with your wedding coming up, as others have mentioned, make it about your bride and your family and friends, these are special blessings more important than any watch. The watches will always be their friend.

I’m frustrated as you are with the games at the AD. I don’t let it bother me anymore there are plenty of other brands, AP, Cartier and Patek. Others too Vacheron, etc……
If the call comes great and if it does not, that fine to.

Enjoy your wedding! Congratulations! Blessings!
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2024, 10:39 PM   #30
jasond07
"TRF" Member

Thank you all for taking time to reply to my frustration. I’ll speak to the manager and see how it goes, there’s always grey alternative if all else fails and at the end of the day it’s only a watch like some of you mentioned, I shouldnt let it bother the big event coming up. Will probably wear the Datejust for the big day :)
jasond07 is offline   Reply With Quote