The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 August 2024, 09:35 PM   #1
davek35
"TRF" Member

GMT bracelet length

In the past 2 days, I have visited both ADs in my area. Both had the exact GMT I'd like to purchase. Of course they are display only. Both jubilee.

I tried them on at both ADs. At both locations I asked if the bracelet was fully linked and was told yes. I looked at both and they were adjusted, in the clasp, to the middle position. Both felt the same.

I have a 7.33-7.5" wrist. These watches felt just a little snug. I was told I could buy an extra link.

My 124270 is adjusted to the middle position and fully linked and fits great. But I kind of give that one a pass because it's a smaller watch to start with.

I'm not complaining about the possible need to purchase a link. I just think it's a bit strange that a longer bracelet isn't supplied.

I guess I didn't know this was a thing with larger watches, also. My DJ41 watches have 1 or 2 links removed.

Any GMT owners with 7.5(ish)" wrist who have purchased in the past few years run into this same problem?
davek35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 09:41 PM   #2
brandrea
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I have a 126710 jubilee and 7” wrist.

I have 2 links removed. The clasp is set to the “largest” micro adjust. In this position it’s fairly loose feeling which how I prefer my watches to fit.

I’m not sure what 2 links equates to in terms of wrist circumference. I know that we have members with larger wrists who have had to add links, but I wouldn’t have thought your wrist size would be an issue.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 10:12 PM   #3
Jordonc2
"TRF" Member

I have a 7.5” wrist and purchased a126713GNNR.
Had to purchase 2 links.
Jordonc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 10:22 PM   #4
Yobber76

Watch: BLNR VTNR PAM 915
I have 7.5" wrists and bought a VTNR on jubilee and a 126710 BLNR on oyster both NIB.
I didn't have to buy any add on links for either just micro adjustment.
Yobber76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 10:27 PM   #5
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

6.5" wrist. 126710BLRO on Oyster has two links removed. OEM Jubilee fitted to same watch by RSC has one link removed. Oysters are definitely longer than Jubilee at retail size for the 126710. Oyster is very comfortable and I can wear one 24/7 without feeling the need to take it off but the Jubilee is in an even better league for wearing comfort.
Harry-57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 10:37 PM   #6
brandrea

Watch: es make me smile
Man this bracelet fitment is all over the map
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 10:44 PM   #7
Goose 104
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126622
I read somewhere that Rolex have reduced the number of links across the board. I tried on the Sky-Dweller recently on jubilee and it almost fit with no adjustment on my 7 inch wrist. I was surprised since I guess most people buying that watch would be over 7 inches therefore would have to buy additional links.
Old 15 August 2024, 11:40 PM   #8
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I have no basis of fact for this statement, but it seems to me the newer bracelets are shorter in length. Not just the jubilees either.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2024, 11:53 PM   #9
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
GMT bracelet length

It’s been established that the jubilee bracelets on the GMT are shorter than the oyster bracelets So that’s just the way it is. Rolex bracelets, in general, are shorter than other brands. If I buy a Seiko, I have to remove 4 full links from an Oyster style bracelet. If I buy a Rolex, on Oyster, I only have to remove 2. My wrist is 6 1/4 inches. It’s an area where Rolex could improve. You shouldn’t have to purchase an extra link for a brand new $10,000 + wrist watch. That is just ridiculous. Come on, Rolex! Do better!

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote