The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old Today, 04:51 AM   #1
SWG179
"TRF" Member

Recovered stolen watch, anyone?

Hi everyone. My Rolex was stolen last week while in Vegas and I am curious if anyone on the board has ever had their stolen Rolex recovered and returned to them? I have filed a police report and am waiting on a call back from a detective, I have registered it on "The Watch Register" and also have a call in to an AD to inquire about registering the serial number with all AD's. I'm not sure if there is anything else I can do, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thank you.
SWG
SWG179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:00 AM   #2
ZOOK
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Calling Paul @77T

Paul '77T' had several watches stolen and recovered one-two of them. He will probably see this and provide advice, soon.

Here is a thread about reporting a stolen watch directly to Rolex. I'm not sure if it is still current info.

Reporting a Missing/Stolen Watch to Rolex
ZOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:12 AM   #3
harvey
"TRF" Member

…post some details of the watch here with serial number if possible.
Old Today, 05:17 AM   #4
77T

Recovered stolen watch, anyone?

Thanks for the heads up Dave.

OP: I am sorry for the loss and hope you weren't harmed otherwise. You have done the right thing by calling authorities. I would say calling ADs is possible - especially if you think they might take it into trade. The Watch Register is a step you've already taken - I didn't do that but every option is possible.

Now that TRF is hidden from Google crawlers, there is no point in posting the serial number or circumstances here.

But here is how I've recovered 2 stolen Rolexes thus far:

You need to report the stolen watch to Rolex USA, Monday AM.

You already did step 1, so follow the remaining steps:

1. Contact Local Authorities: First, report the theft to your local police department. Provide them with details about the watch, including the model, serial number, and any other identifying features.

2. Gather Documentation: Collect any relevant documents, such as the original purchase receipt, warranty card, or photographs of the watch. This information will help substantiate your claim upon recovery.

3. Contact Rolex USA: Reach out to Rolex USA directly. You can do this through their customer service number. Call (212) 758-7700

Provide them with the necessary details about the stolen watch, including:
- Description of the watch
- Serial number
- Circumstances of the theft
- The police report case number
They will give you a FAX # or email addy to send a scan of the report.

4. Follow Up: Keep a record of your communication with both the police and Rolex USA. It may be helpful to follow up with the detective periodically to check on any developments.

5. Notify Insurance: If you have insurance coverage for your watch, contact your insurance provider to report the theft and start the claims process.*
* If you do accept a full reimbursement, the insurer gains title - but you'd have a chance to settle that upon recovery.

By taking these steps, you can ensure that the theft is reported appropriately and that you have a record of your actions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:18 AM   #5
77T

Old Today, 05:20 AM   #6
77T

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
…post some details of the watch here with serial number if possible.
I used to say the same but TRF is now private so Google won't help in that regard

Old Today, 05:27 AM   #7
Carguy87

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I used to say the same but TRF is now private so Google won't help in that regard
Awesome advice thanks Paul!
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:33 AM   #8
SWG179
"TRF" Member

Quote:

OP: I am sorry for the loss and hope you weren't harmed otherwise. You have done the right thing by calling authorities. I would say calling ADs is possible - especially if you think they might take it into trade. The Watch Register is a step you've already taken - I didn't do that but every option is possible.

Now that TRF is hidden from Google crawlers, there is no point in posting the serial number or circumstances here.

1. Contact Local Authorities: First, report the theft to your local police department. Provide them with details about the watch, including the model, serial number, and any other identifying features.

2. Gather Documentation: Collect any relevant documents, such as the original purchase receipt, warranty card, or photographs of the watch. This information will help substantiate your claim upon recovery.

3. Contact Rolex USA: Reach out to Rolex USA directly. You can do this through their customer service number. Call (212) 758-7700

- Serial number

4. Follow Up: Keep a record of your communication with both the police and Rolex USA. It may be helpful to follow up with the detective periodically to check on any developments.

5. Notify Insurance: If you have insurance coverage for your watch, contact your insurance provider to report the theft and start the claims process.*
* If you do accept a full reimbursement, the insurer gains title - but you'd have a chance to settle that upon recovery.

By taking these steps, you can ensure that the theft is reported appropriately and that you have a record of your actions.

Thank you for the information 77T. I am fine, it was a snatch & grab situation, thanks for the concern. I have gathered all of the above information and am working on sending it to everyone to have proper information reported. Again, your info is greatly appreciated.
SWG
Old Today, 06:23 AM   #9
SWG179
"TRF" Member

Quote:

- Serial number

Thanks for the information 77T, and your concern, it was a grab and go, so I am OK. I have all of the original paperwork and serial numbers and am distributing them out to proper authorities to make a good record. I will get with Rolex USA first thing Monday. Again, I do appreciate your information.
Old Today, 07:34 AM   #10
harvey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oh I didn’t know that. Thank you.
Old Today, 07:38 AM   #11
Calatrava r

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Good luck in its return.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:47 AM   #12
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
You’ve done everything you can. Not much anyone can do here except keep an eye out, but for that you would have to give details.
Sorry for your loss. Probably painful, but are there circumstances that you could share to warn other TRF members?
Old Today, 08:18 AM   #13
magicwatch
"TRF" Member

Im heading to Vegas next week, can you share details about how it was stolen? From room? Robbery in street?
Thanx
magicwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:17 AM   #14
CarlOver
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear. Seems like lots of watches are stolen in Vegas. Lifted on your wrist? Sober? From locked room safe?
CarlOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:37 AM   #15
RX0
"TRF" Member

My 116610LV was stolen in 2014 and just recently recovered. The submariner was in RSC and it was held by Rolex. After filing a lawsuit on the jeweler who sold my submariner, I was able to get it back. The submariner was in really bad shape. RSC did an amazing job in refinishing it. Don’t lose hope.
RX0 is offline   Reply With Quote