The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 22 June 2022, 11:49 AM   #31
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanmodel View Post
We do have a retailer here in Singapore.....but, same thing they are not interested in selling to walk in customer or 1st timer......(I'm one of them, looking to get FPJ & MB&F)

what a shame~~

Yes, hour glass. I’ve been on FPJ waiting list since 2018, and I am long standing/spending customer. No love on FPJ though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 11:57 AM   #32
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Since I live about 5 hours from an FPJ store, have already written them off due to the impossibility of going to their events often. I don't mind the wait, and can easily write a heartfelt moving essay. Am overjoyed they can sell every piece, so simply move on as there are plenty of other timepieces....

Max of MB&F is doing his best to be fair about availability. If you can OP, visit or call your local MB&F dealer, that's what I chose to do and very glad I did. Have plenty of typical-cased classical-shape movements, so the MB&F adds a great dimension you don't see at all the GTG. Plus Max is crazy brilliant in all the right ways

In SG, ask for Michael TAY at The Hour Glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _speedmaster_ View Post
Additionally, not everyone lives remotely near one of the very few Journe boutiques scattered around the world. So screw those people, right?

OP, my advice is to simply move on to another brand. It's not worth the graveling and countless years waiting for a watch.
Well said. And now only nine months until...

270510435_2335885509881150_3885957740217727605_n.jpg

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 12:06 PM   #33
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyjo View Post
Yes, hour glass. I’ve been on FPJ waiting list since 2018, and I am long standing/spending customer. No love on FPJ though
Hour Glass now has many Journe display pieces (with movements) for you to try, but they are not for purchase. You can go in without any appointment and the sales people there are all very polite and professional.

They don't have a waiting list anymore though. It is now an expression of interest.
Ichiran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 01:18 PM   #34
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Since I live about 5 hours from an FPJ store, have already written them off due to the impossibility of going to their events often. I don't mind the wait, and can easily write a heartfelt moving essay. Am overjoyed they can sell every piece, so simply move on as there are plenty of other timepieces....

Max of MB&F is doing his best to be fair about availability. If you can OP, visit or call your local MB&F dealer, that's what I chose to do and very glad I did. Have plenty of typical-cased classical-shape movements, so the MB&F adds a great dimension you don't see at all the GTG. Plus Max is crazy brilliant in all the right ways

In SG, ask for Michael TAY at The Hour Glass.

Well said. And now only nine months until...

Attachment 1299972

Can't wait for your incoming!

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 01:25 PM   #35
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Hour Glass now has many Journe display pieces (with movements) for you to try, but they are not for purchase. You can go in without any appointment and the sales people there are all very polite and professional.

They don't have a waiting list anymore though. It is now an expression of interest.

True, now interest list only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 01:52 PM   #36
GB-man
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegt View Post
nah, the English in the email is perfect. It's not the language barrier but rather expectation of customer service and delivery of rejection based on different cultures.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Perfect isn’t the word I’d use but sure.
Old 22 June 2022, 04:44 PM   #37
A971
"TRF" Member

Terrible they were honest and upfront with you.

Really sorry you had to go through that on your business trip!

Would have been much better to waste your time to come to any empty store, and then lead you on for up to a decade about your potential incoming piece…
A971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 10:26 PM   #38
GB-man
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by A971 View Post
Terrible they were honest and upfront with you.

Really sorry you had to go through that on your business trip!

Would have been much better to waste your time to come to any empty store, and then lead you on for up to a decade about your potential incoming piece…

The Rolex way!
Old 22 June 2022, 10:59 PM   #39
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
Attaching a watch I debated selling everything I had to buy....don't even want to know what they go for these days...
Nice. 2nd generation Tourbillon Souverain w/Régence dial I think. I know of a 1st gen Resonance with that Régence dial (but in platinum) and yeah, you don't want to know the asking price. It's crazy.

As an aside, IMHO the 1st generation Régence and Labyrinth dials were even nicer than these 2nd gen dials, but then the Gen1 engraver died. See attached. In 2016 I was strongly encouraged to buy this as a pair (gen 1 Régence Resonance on left, gen 1 Labyrinth Tourbillon Souverain on right). But I never liked the Resonance and lots of people reported problems with them, so I passed on it. Too bad my crystal ball was broken then.

Sorry to hear about the Linesport experience too. And I very much remember when the Elegante models would just sit there because nobody wanted an FPJ quartz watch at that price point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg journe_tourbillon_labyrinthe_regence_doosik_1.jpg (166.3 KB, 139 views)
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2022, 11:58 PM   #40
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyjo View Post
True, now interest list only.

Who do you know that's connected in SG? Are you friends with, for example, Dhillon Lee, Jamie Chua, Yoyo Cao, Kwek Leng Beng, or other SG socialites / important families? We have family in SG that is very close family friends to ____ so if i 'pushed'... but am not one to do that just for a timepiece.

No worries, there are many exceptional timepieces so simply move on to something else, or instead, take your family on a wonderful holiday somewhere extravagant.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote